Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

After update I've got boot error, grey indicator has spinning forever. After that I've boot in verbose mode and I've saw that loading stopped on line with message about intel vt-d, then I just disabled intel vt-d in bios and system has booted without any error.
my config: Core i7 3770k & gigabyte z77-ds3h

Confirmed! Thanks!

Hi -- same setup as you, but I'm not finding intel vt-d in the bios. Can you explain where you found it?

I'm using a Gigabyte Z77 UD5H
Press F12 to access bios (or whatever button it is for you).
Turn on advanced viewing (or whatever, just don't use the 3D BIOS it's garbage)
Under the tab BIOS features (or MOBO features or something), near the bottom there is the Intel vt-d option.

Perhaps it may help to somebody:

I have installed the Mac OS 10.8.2 with different results:

1.- If you install the 10.8.2 on a EX58-UD5, a X58A-UD5 and a X58A-UD3R it works perfectly without any aditional actions, just run the MultiBeast 5.0.2 and it works without any trouble.

2.- If you try to install on a Z77X-UP5TH or Z77X-UD5H Wifi you can not pass from the 10.8.1. You can make it working the 10.8.2 if you follow the instructions that you find here, but the results are not satisfactory; for example: you can not see the "shared screen" from another computer, you only get a grey screen with some white forms, but you can not recognize any of these forms.

3.- In my opinion, the problem is something related only with the new motherboards, not with the anciens motherboards.

Regards

For some people OEMsmbios.kext may just be in S/L/E. Delete the kext, repair permissions, and reboot. All should be good to go.

bingo! thanks.

Shot it, guys! Disabling Intel vt-d did it for me as well. Ta!

[ Gigabyte B75M-D3H, Core i5 2nd gen, Nvidia GTX 560 ]

Perhaps it may help to somebody:

I have installed the Mac OS 10.8.2 with different results:

1.- If you install the 10.8.2 on a EX58-UD5, a X58A-UD5 and a X58A-UD3R it works perfectly without any aditional actions, just run the MultiBeast 5.0.2 and it works without any trouble.

2.- If you try to install on a Z77X-UP5TH or Z77X-UD5H Wifi you can not pass from the 10.8.1. You can make it working the 10.8.2 if you follow the instructions that you find here, but the results are not satisfactory; for example: you can not see the "shared screen" from another computer, you only get a grey screen with some white forms, but you can not recognize any of these forms.

3.- In my opinion, the problem is something related only with the new motherboards, not with the anciens motherboards.

Regards

Good news I have a H57. Will wait for feedback from others from the ancient side ;)

Successful update using built in updater. Config:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Core i7 3770k
16GB DDR3 G-Skill Sniper 1866MHZ
GTX 560Ti AMP! 1GB
4X2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD RAID 10 Configuration
Tp-Link WDN 4800 Wifi PCI Express Card

Your onboard sound working, does not work for me?

Used Combo updater on a GA-H61N-USB3 F8, i3-2125 Intel 3000 Graphics with no issues (including Realtek ALC889 with Multibeast 5.0.2 Linux drivers.) I cannot comment on Sound because I use USB Soundsticks that work natively. No CD connected, no video card installed. I just ran the update, restart, Done. This machine loves Mountain Lion, so far!
I have to agree, my GA-H61N-USB3 (w/F8) is working well after the install as well. Had to reinstall audio and TRIM support only. No issues with 640 GT video card.

i7-2500K
16GB DDR3 1333
640 GT w/1GB

I've updated using the combo update and had to fix audio with MultiBeast. So far everything is working fine except my bluetooth dongle will no longer work when plugged into the USB port on my wired Apple keyboard. I get the error "USB device needs more power". This worked fine before so 10.8.2 obviously changed something. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back