Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem after update. Never installed FakeSMC plugins so no reboot KP. After reboot, fixed audio with multibeast and so far, everything looks good.

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i5-2500K, 16GB 1600 ddr3, AMD 6870, 120GB 6G SSD

WARNING:

Official Ivy Bridge based laptop owners: the 10.8.2 has a EFI update that turns off the VT-x option on official Ivy bridge based CPUs (read: the MacBook Pro with Retina and the MacBook Air (Mid-2002, MacBookAir5,1 and MacBookAir5,2) This is a problem if you run Parallels as it will reduce down the capabilities of your VMs and in my case not run the VMs at all.

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

This worked for me flawlessly, I did have to use Trim enabler to get trim back tho... but all is well!

Even booting with -x always stuck at white screen (ATI HD6670) because the new ati kexts...

Before update, I saved a copy of the folder Extensions of my working 1.8.1 in other partition. Started from Windows 7 partition (McDrive installed) and copy-pasted my previous AtiController6000.kext and AppleHDA.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext (allways saved from previous version) in S/L/E.

NO OemSMBIOS.kext removed.

Rebooted with Unibeast usb to repair permissions. Finally rebooted with UseKernelCache=No and all worked like a charm...

Even if you don't save your previous ACPI kext (bad done BTW) you can download from here (attached)

Hope it helps.

B.R.

I got kernel panic after upgraded on my dell precision m4500 laptop from 10.8.1 (kp1.jpg).

I renamed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext in /System/Library/Extensions (kp2.jpg). Now my keyboard doesn't work and I cannot test anymore until I get a USB keyboard.

Could anyone help me to workround the AppleRTC issue.

Attachments

• kp1.jpg
    kp1.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 213
  • kp2.jpg
    kp2.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 177

Lost my audio but install went smooth using the dmg. I noticed my geekbench scores were still down so I installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in MB and got them back up to 13k+. Even felt motivated to overclock to 40x to stabilize with speed a bit more. I'd call this a productive day :)

Did you get your audio back? IF so what did you do. Can't seem to recover mine. The audio shows up in about this mac. Volume controls show increasing and decreasing but no sound.

I also noticed my geekbench score cut in half. And that is where I stand right now. I'm doing a full backup and was considering applying SSDT Option for Sanybridge Core i7 to bring the speed back up. I had seen somewhere before that using the nullcpupowermanagment.kext is not a good idea. But I figured I would try that if the SSDT didn't work.

Worked fine for me, Combo Update (no reboot), Multi-Beast 5.02 (selected only non-DSDT ALC889) reboot.

EVGA P55-Micro SLI
Core i7-875K
16GB Corsair DDR1600
EVGA GTX 570 2560MB

Updated using the combo update . Run the update do not restart use multibeast to reinstall audio for your motherboard (without dsdt) . Restarted computer working fine for me . No problems to report 48 hours later

applying SSDT Option for Sanybridge Core i7 in MB did indeed bring the speed back up. Memory seems to be performing not quite as well while other aspects are preforming better.
Geek Bench Scores
Lion's - 12856
Mountain Lion - 5478
Mountian Lion Post MultiBeast SSDT (Sandybridge - i7 - 12531

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back