Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's just that i had to do!! and work great

I just updated. I followed the earlier post below. There was only one problem, I lost one of my monitors (dual setup). I was using duckweed in Chameleon prior to the update. I followed this setup (see pics labeled duckweed) from a post in the forum (sorry can't remember the user). Using the Duckweed set up I got the full name of my card in the "About this Mac". And both monitors working. After the 10.8.2 update, I only have one monitor.

I went back into Chameleon and changed Duckweed to Kudzu. Both monitors working but I now get the 6xxx in "About this Mac" "Graphics".

If anyone knows of a fix, please post. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by "micr0shaft"

followed this from: "Impossible"

"For me this works as well, i just installed the combo update. When the update was done, (before rebooting) i used kextbeast with this AppleACPIPlatform.kext and did a system repair with Multibeast Lion edition. After this i reinstalled the Realtek 889 audio driver with the Multibeast Mountain Lion edition and rebooted my system without any other modifications without any problems!"

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Installed 10.8.2 Combo Update with no error. Everything is working fine. Network, sound(VoodooHDA) and graphics.I have noticed one strange thing about FakeSMC.kext. /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/.......i don't have PlugIns folder inside of the Contents folder. All I have is Info.plist, MacOS folder and Resources Folder. I wish I know why.
The only problem that I have is...I can't Sign in to AppStore. I keep getting the error :"An unknown error has occurred."
Anyone else have AppStore Sign In problem??

I fixed the issue by simply navigate to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and then delete NetworkInterfaces.plist

I just updated. I followed the earlier post below. There was only one problem, I lost one of my monitors (dual setup). I was using duckweed in Chameleon prior to the update. I followed this setup (see pics labeled duckweed) from a post in the forum (sorry can't remember the user). Using the Duckweed set up I got the full name of my card in the "About this Mac". No 6xxx. And both monitors working. After the 10.8.2 update, I only have one monitor.

I went back into Chameleon and changed Duckweed to Kudzu. I used this before. Now both monitors working but I now get the 6xxx in "About this Mac" "Graphics".

If anyone knows of a fix, please post. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by "micr0shaft"

followed this from: "Impossible"

"For me this works as well, i just installed the combo update. When the update was done, (before rebooting) i used kextbeast with this AppleACPIPlatform.kext and did a system repair with Multibeast Lion edition. After this i reinstalled the Realtek 889 audio driver with the Multibeast Mountain Lion edition and rebooted my system without any other modifications without any problems!"

after updating from 10.8.1 to 8.2 first I had to remove OEM.Smbios (caused kernel panic) according to Tony's advice, but now I'm stuck on macx_swapon SUCCESS. In safe mode the system will boot though. Could someone help me?

My system is ASUS k53sv

Update worked as a breeze with combo update. No need to run multibeast. Gygabyte UD3 / ATI 5770

Used the Combo installer to upgrade 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 without problems. Using GA-UD3R with ATI Graphics

I've updated using the combo update and had to fix audio with MultiBeast. So far everything is working fine except my bluetooth dongle will no longer work when plugged into the USB port on my wired Apple keyboard. I get the error "USB device needs more power". This worked fine before so 10.8.2 obviously changed something. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

I upgraded using App Store, no problems except just had to run Multibeast to turn audio back on.

2011 Customac I7

Still can't gat past:

nvclockx - Overclocking,….

Maybe I can remove the SSD and connect it to a Mac via a SATA to USB doc and just delet the nvclockx kext,....?

I'm glad people are able to fix their problems. It seems to be the same problem over and over agin though. I clearly have a different problem though.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back