Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

I downloaded combo file but i got The installation failed ( when 5 minutes to end )
also i installed this combo on a mac book pro and it work fine :thumbdown:

after updating from 10.8.1 to 8.2 first I had to remove OEM.Smbios (caused kernel panic) according to Tony's advice, but now I'm stuck on macx_swapon SUCCESS. In safe mode the system will boot though. Could someone help me?

Installed update and audio stopped working. Couldn't get it fixed by using multibeast. Removed AppleHDA.kext and all HDAEnabler8*.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and then reinstalled my ALC887 without dsdt. Worked!

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

using the intel hd 4000 embedded graphics. I get to a screen that's half black on the bottom and several repetitions of the login screen on the upper half, with a static shake to to it.

:banghead:

Same problem here!

How to know if Multibeast TRIM is working?

Used Combo updater on a GA-H61N-USB3 F8, i3-2125 Intel 3000 Graphics with no issues (including Realtek ALC889 with Multibeast 5.0.2 Linux drivers.) I cannot comment on Sound because I use USB Soundsticks that work natively. No CD connected, no video card installed. I just ran the update, restart, Done. This machine loves Mountain Lion, so far!

Not booting here, either. Have tried almost all of the fixes suggested but no go. Last message was starting PCI Configuratiion and then it froze. Using a Gigabyte P55a-USB3 with Radeon 6870. Also tried booting off of a nvidia GT260i and no go. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

runomotter - September 19th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Successful update using built in updater. Config:

Gigabyte X79-UD3
Core i7 3820
8 GB DDR3 G-Skill Sniper 1866MHZ
Quadro 600 1GB
2X2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD RAID 10 Configuration

Here are my specs:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F12
Intel i7 2600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
16GB RAM

So, I had some initial difficulty yesterday booting after updating to 10.8.2, as a lot of people have. I used -x from Chimera, and I was able to boot into safe mode just fine. There I deleted the OemSMBIOS, as detailed in previous posts, then I ran Multibeast to reinstall my audio kexts. I rebooted normally and everything worked great with audio as of last night.

I tried booting this afternoon, however, and suddenly nothing happens. After the Apple logo and spinning, it just takes me to a blank white screen, where I can see only my mouse cursor. I've tried booting into safe mode again, but now it does the exact same thing: just a white screen with the mouse cursor. Any ideas?

Still stuck at:

nvclockx - Overclocking,...

Nothing seems to work to get past this. Would it be possible to just remove the SSD, connect it via USB to SATA on a working Mac and delete the nvclockx kext,.......?

Many thanks to anyone willing to even try and help me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back