Combo update before reboot had to rollback the following;

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
ATI6000Controller.kext
and audio via multibeast

notes:
benchmarks are lower.
graphics benchmarks are lower

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

On my GA-Z77X-UD3H I had this problem even with 10.8.0, and the solution was to add a Graphics Mode setting in /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Thank you! This not only took away the artifacts/weird login screen, but made the Apple Logo at boot appear at the correct resolution.:thumbup:

got it...

my OemSMBIOS.kext is in the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder only and not in the /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ folder.... i deleted it, repair permission and reboot... so far so good... use multibeast to reinstall audio kext and patch DVD player too... i will update if there is an error...

I’m having the a problem as well. Spinning Apple logo. Updated from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 via combo update.

System specs are as follows:

Intel Core i5 2500K
Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (non modified BIOS)
nVidia 8800GTS
OCZ Vertex Plus 240GB

So far I’ve tried:

-x, -v, -f, -s
PCIRootUID=0/1
npci=0x03000
npci=0x02000
GraphicsEnabler=yes/no

It seems to stop at:

nvclockx - Overclocking,….

I’m thinking this might be an issue with FakeSMC or some nVidia kext issue but I’m at a loss and have very limited knowledge. Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,…

Oct.

Finally I also updated to 10.8.2 successful! Thank you very much guys!!! I'm reaaaally happy now! :lol::lol:

First attempt: Updated via AppStore --> KP --> booted with -x --> white screen --> messed around with Graphic Kext and totally messed up :cry: --> restoring to 10.8.1

Second attempt (WORKED!!): Updated via Combo Update --> install said that it "failed" DO NOT RESTART YET! --> install custom ACPI kext (posted before) via KextBeast --> reboot --> SUCCESS! Booted into 10.8.2

Some issues that happened:

1.) Graphic was laggy again (Apple overwritte my custom connector map for my 6870)
2.) No Audio

1.Solution: Just made the same changes to the ATI6000.kext again.
2.Solution: Just installed my audio kext again with multibeast.

And now everything is working like before!!! :headbang::headbang:

Hi tony I can not update to 10.8.2 my configuration is the NEXT: Video card nvidia gtx 560 (​​non IT), CPU Intel core to duo E6750 2.66 Ghz, Motherboard GA-41MT Gigabite D3V Revision 1.3, BIOS version F2 is not on and I also need the DSDT

GA-Z68XP-UD4, ATI Radeon 6870 1GB, 16GB Corsair RAM, Intel i7 2600K, 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD

Success with combo update. All I had to do is remove OEMsmbios.kext from /system/library/extensions, reinstall audio from multibeast and re-enable trim.

Successfully installed the update through the combo loader on the follow hack:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Kepler 640 GT

All I had to do was run multi beast and select audio->realtek->898->withoutDSDT and everything is working.

Mine doesn't boot. It just keeps spinning with the apple logo and the white screen. I use GraphicsEnabler=no, but my keyboard dont work in MultiBeast boot (but it works in Bios).

What to do?

I have the same problem with the spinning spooked wheel underneath the Apple Logo. But was able to boot using Unibeast. After selecting the USB at startup by pressing F12. I selected the 10.8.2 HDD to boot; used the command -x for a safe boot. Successfully booted to 10.8.2 in the "safe mode." Then I used Multibeast 5.0.2 to select and install the NVIDEA kexts. That did not solve the problem. Boots all right in the safe mode, but the wheel is still spinning the normal boot mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back