Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

LOST audio on Z77-DS3H and Ivy CPU. Everything else appears to be ok. Booted fine, and geek bench at 10,000 after update. (32 bit)

UPDATE: To get audio back on Z77-DS3H simply run multibeast and ONLY select ALC887/888B **CURRENT! Restart and then go into sound settings. Double click "Internal Speakers - Built In" under the output tab. Bingo AUDIO!

Same Setup- it worked for me!

Update from fully working 10.7.4 to 10.8.2 Gigabyte P55-UD3L and gigabyte Geforce 550 TI OC.
1. unibeast install partiton Tony ML (8gb) with 10.8.2
Downloaded AppleACPIPlatform.kext, third party sata kext for eject button vczilla attachements from 550 tisleep freeze topic, and nvidia 10.8.1 drivers. From nvidia 10.8.1 drivers show package contents and i copied the web...pkg to another partition and the kext of corse.
Run the installer from Tony Ml partition without bootflag.
After installation booted back to Tony ML installer, and copied the acpi kext and third party sata kext to the fresh install S/L/E, repair permissions and restart.
I booted to the fresh install with UseKernelCache=No -v
Install the nvidia 10.8.1 drivers from the webpackage, afther that, follow vczilla instructions and apply opencl fix to. Run multibeast with alc892
Run kext utility and restart.
Boot to 10.8.2 with full Qe/Ci, resolution changes, without lag or freezes.
So everything is perfeft :) Thanks vczila

Successful update using combo update on this build:
GA-H77-DS3H (F7 bios fw)
i5-3570K
Nvidia GTX 470 using the
OpenCL Enabler before restarting.

Lost audio, reinstalled with
multi beast ( ALC887 without DSDT ).

Update unibeast and/or multibeast Tony .. I'm getting a weird error now after this update.

Hello all !
For me, the only way to have 10.8.2 working perfect with my GA-Z77-DS3H is :
1 - Disable and uninstall Texera ntfs if you have it.
2 - Before reboot, replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext (version 1.35 from lion) (I do that with kext-wizard) so you don't have to disable Vt-d in bios.
3 - With multibeast, just check: Realtek ALC8xxx/without DSDT/ALC887/88b

Enjoy !

I hope this help you...

note: I install 10.8.2 from 10.8 not from 10.8.1

+1 on this method. No go with an update on mine, no deletions of kexts or vt-d disable would do the trick. Went with clean install, using Koxleks' FakeSMC on reboot instead of Multibeast. All other install as normal. Serial#s, everything works great. Thanks Maroder.

Hi,

I updates to 10.8.2 via combo updater, but couldn't boot past the gray startup screen, because of OemSMBIOS.kext. After replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the old one from a previous post in this thread, my system booted without any problems.

Now, as I really don't like having legacy kexts on my system, I tried out various methods to allow me to keep the vanilla 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext. The solution was quite easy and had a great benefit to it. I installed Kozleks branch of FakeSMC + optional Kexts for sensors: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Not only can I now boot with the original 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without having OemSMBIOS.kext throwing an error, but I also get much more information from my hardware sensors opposed to the original FlakeSMC-Plugins from Multibeast. Furthermore a serial number is generated for my machine (so no problems with iCloud and Appstore) and VT-d can stay enabled in BIOS! This kexts should find their way into the next Multibeast update.

Using the kexts from Kozlek was a win-win for me :) Please only try at your own risk and backup your system before trying this. This worked great for me, but could kill your installation.

Updated from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 on Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt and i7-3770K using built-in updater from Mac App Store.
[h=1][/h]After update and reboot, my system froze and kernel-panicked at startup; saw the gray screen and rotating apple thingy of doom.

Had to restart and boot into safe mode (-x) at the bootloader screen. Once I got back into OSX, I followed the same instructions given earlier in the comments:

1. Delete the
OemSMBIOS.kext file. It's located in
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext
2. Open Terminal and
type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /"
3. Still in Terminal, type "sudo kextcache -system-caches"
4. Open Multibeast and re-install the ALC892 audio driver.
5. Restart.

Steps 2 and 3 I think are necessary. I restarted after Step 1 and I still KP'd at startup. Only after I went back into safe mode and did Steps 2 and 3 did it start up properly. Everything seems to work fine now.

The next version of MultiBeast will use Kozlek's branch of FakeSMC as I found it also fixes some other annoying bugs and has some nice new capabilities.

The next version of MultiBeast will use Kozlek's branch of FakeSMC as I found it also fixes some other annoying bugs and has some nice new capabilities.

thanks for the update!
I will wait for that release before updating =)

Updated with Combo link: error at the end, i went straight on anyway and ran Multibeast which ended up with an error too.
I rebooted with a message before gigabyte screen saying that bios settings are changed (may be my ram that i set to run at 1666mhz instead of 1333) and update was completed, all worked like before (still graphics problem at the boot with at least double the resolution my Eizo should run, i can only see a part of the screen but it's not a big deal).
Really smooth update for my Z68X-UD3HB3 mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back