Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since 10.8.2 I have gotten this strange error "pthread support aborts when sync kernel primitives misused" where it just hangs afterwards can't find any answers on the interwebs. Can't even make a clean install of 10.8.2. Actually never had any problems with updating or anything. Got a Z68X-UD3H-B3 F12, 8GB Corsair XMS3 Ram and a GTX 560 TI 1GB, any help out there?

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Typical boot failture after 10.8.2. update troubleshooting.

Boot in to safe mode (-x), your system should boot this way if you're having this crash
Open Terminal, and type "sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext /Users/youraccountname/" (replacing youraccountname with the appropriate account name )
Still in Terminal, type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" followed by "sudo kextcache -system-caches" (or repair permissions and update kext caches in any other way you prefer)
Reboot.

For Radeon 6xxx users.
-x
- We see a white screen. Turn sleep mode, wake up.
- Move OemSMBIOS.kext as above
- Profit!

How to restore the sound, see the upper thread.

How do you enable Sleep Mode?

After 24 hours of debugging, i am up and running on 10.8.2. The issue seems for me atleast was in installing the HW monitoring applications last time when i was at 10.8.1 using Mutlibeast 5.0.2. I had installed the following and so had to remove the following kexts (depending on what you installed using Multibeast) from S/L/E

if you have installed motherboard plugins from Mutlibeast delete:

ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, OemSMBIOS.kext, ITEIT87x.kext, WinbondW836x.kext, FintekF718x.kext, NSCPC8739x.kext and NuvotonNCT677x.kext

If you have installed Nviidia GEForce Plugin please delete:

Installs NVClockX.kext FakeSMC plugin in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns

If you have installed HWmonitor application please delete HWMonitor application from the app folder

I think it will be a good idea to reinstall Fakesmc from multibeast to avoid any plugins the monitors may have installed within fakesmc.kext in the past

I am not sure AppleACPIPlatform.kext is the issue as the 10.8.2 update does not seem to have touched that kext.

Rebuild kernelcache using kext utility and you should be set.

I found success with these steps. Stable for 24 + hours

ASUS P68Z68 - V Pro Gen3
i7 2600K
XFX 6870 1 GB

OK, I finally got it working again.

Since I couldn't boot into OS X, I removed the SSD then manually deleted (moved) "nvclockx.kext" and just to be sure "OemSMBIOS.kext". After reinstalling the SSD I was able to boot into OS X.

Audio isn't working but that was to be expected. I should be able to fix that without much issue. The only reason I didn't try to fix audio right away was that I was copying files off the system so it wouldn't matter as much if it gets bricked again.

For some people OEMsmbios.kext may just be in S/L/E. Delete the kext, repair permissions, and reboot. All should be good to go
bingo! thanks.

That is exactly what I have - removed OEMsmbios.kext --> now what do I lose if I dont have it ?

G.H.

How could you install kozlek's hwsensor's fakesmc.kext. I tried to install it with kext utility, but it didn't work. I cannot browse the package in the fakesmc.kext file, maybe that can be the problem? Can you guys, give me more hint how you managed to install kozleks fakesmc.kext.

Thanks for your help.

Hi all,

I have been searching for similar issues to mine on the forums but haven't found anything so decided to post a question for the masters.

I have the following issue:

1. Updated to 10.8.2
2. Hanging when rebooting
3. Boots with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes
4. Didn't find the OEMsmbios.kext anywhere on the partition
5. Installed Audio using MultiBeast
6. Disabled VD-T in UEFI(Bios)
7. Booted (took a very long time) normally but everything is slower than normal, audio works but too jerky and video is very jerky (video, graphics and things like mission control are jerky and slow)

Since I haven't found any issues like this on the forums I was wondering what would you guys suggest. I am completely lost.

My system is the following:

Intel Core i5-2400 3.10GHz, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 Intel Z68, XFX Radeon HD 5770.

Thanks in advance,

MRX

GA-H61N-USB3 up and running, had to reinstall audio kext from MultiBeast, everything perfect :D

I'm an idiot and ran MB without have the userDSDT file on the desktop and now the hack won't boot at all. Any suggestions on how to get it to boot. I really screwed this up here.

Felt like I should comment here and contribute, since these posts were invaluable in getting my 10.8.2 installation up and running.

I was running 10.8.1 with this system configuration:

z68x UD3-BH3
Core i5 2500k
nVidia 660 ti
M4 solid state drive, 2TB home drive

1. Installed Combo update from the link in the post
2. Rebooted
3. It booted to the grey spinning wheel
4. Restarted and this time booted with -v
5. I was getting the OEMsmbios panic everyone is talking about.
6. Rebooted with -x
7. Found OEMsmbios.kext (it was S/L/E, not in the previously mentions S/L/E/fakesmc/contents/plugins, though I'm not sure why mine was somewhere else.
8. Deleted that file.
9. Rebooted.
10. Prayed during reboot.
11. Hackintosh back up and running.

*notes: I don't use sound. I use the Logitech 960 headphones and it works like a charm. Wi-Fi is working. App store is working.

Huge thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back