Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to the login screen just fine, but when I type in my password and click enter, the screen just flashes and takes me back to the login screen. I tried creating a new account but that did the same thing. I went back and booted into safe mode and repaired permissions, but it didn't help any. Any ideas?

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

LOST audio on Z77-DS3H and Ivy CPU. Everything else appears to be ok. Booted fine, and geek bench at 10,000 after update. (32 bit)

UPDATE: To get audio back on Z77-DS3H simply run multibeast and ONLY select ALC887/888B **CURRENT! Restart and then go into sound settings. Double click "Internal Speakers - Built In" under the output tab. Bingo AUDIO!

hello i'm trying to make my first install on a GA-277-DS3H to 10.8.2 . i downloaded mt. lion 10.8.2 from app store after i installed to my laptop. do i need a fresh file that hasn't been installed already? asking because i can't get the OS to boot from my SSD on the tower i've built. any insight greatly appreciated. thanks. James

Running
Video Card: Asus 560GTX
Motherboard: ASUS|P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA1155

Cannot get past the spinning wheel issue. Have tried deleting the OEMsmbios.kext. All BIOS settings are configured correctly. Only way I can get access is by booting safe mode (-x). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Some configurations with NVidia cards have this problem. Just boot to safe mode (-x) and rollback AppleACAPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.1.

I have two similar configurations (ASUS Z68) and with AMD card 10.8.2 boot without kext rollback.

P55A-UD4P combo update worked flawlessly. Audio gets broken of course, but thats a sinch to fix with Multibeast

After 24 hours of debugging, i am up and running on 10.8.2. The issue seems for me atleast was in installing the HW monitoring applications last time when i was at 10.8.1 using Mutlibeast 5.0.2. I had installed the following and so had to remove the following kexts (depending on what you installed using Multibeast) from S/L/E

if you have installed motherboard plugins from Mutlibeast delete:

ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, OemSMBIOS.kext, ITEIT87x.kext, WinbondW836x.kext, FintekF718x.kext, NSCPC8739x.kext and NuvotonNCT677x.kext

If you have installed Nviidia GEForce Plugin please delete:

Installs NVClockX.kext FakeSMC plugin in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns

If you have installed HWmonitor application please delete HWMonitor application from the app folder

I think it will be a good idea to reinstall Fakesmc from multibeast to avoid any plugins the monitors may have installed within fakesmc.kext in the past

I am not sure AppleACPIPlatform.kext is the issue as the 10.8.2 update does not seem to have touched that kext.

Rebuild kernelcache using kext utility and you should be set.

I cannot boot even using -v -x after the update...
It says
ITEIT87x:found ITEIT8728F

Hi, first post from me, but I managed to make it work.

1. Install update - even if it says update install failed - don't reboot.
2. In terminal type "sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext /Users/youraccountname/" (replacing youraccountname with the appropriate account name)
3.Still in Terminal, type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" followed by "sudo kextcache -system-caches" (or repair permissions and update kext caches in any other way you prefer)
4. Run Multibeast to reinstall audio - no DST
5. Reboot.

Works for me. Tried other solution but every time fif get KP
System Z68XP-UD4-F5
i7-2700K
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB

that worked for me! Important is the step with Audio in Multibeast.
i5-3570K
HD 4000
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3

Used combo update, had to re-enable TRIM with Trim Enabler, then perfect.
Looking like at least some of the Geforce 660Ti problems have gone too. Happy days.

Hi,

I updates to 10.8.2 via combo updater, but couldn't boot past the gray startup screen, because of OemSMBIOS.kext. After replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the old one from a previous post in this thread, my system booted without any problems.

Now, as I really don't like having legacy kexts on my system, I tried out various methods to allow me to keep the vanilla 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext. The solution was quite easy and had a great benefit to it. I installed Kozleks branch of FakeSMC + optional Kexts for sensors: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Not only can I now boot with the original 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without having OemSMBIOS.kext throwing an error, but I also get much more information from my hardware sensors opposed to the original FlakeSMC-Plugins from Multibeast. Furthermore a serial number is generated for my machine (so no problems with iCloud and Appstore) and VT-d can stay enabled in BIOS! This kexts should find their way into the next Multibeast update.

Using the kexts from Kozlek was a win-win for me :) Please only try at your own risk and backup your system before trying this. This worked great for me, but could kill your installation.

Running
Video Card: Asus 560GTX
Motherboard: ASUS|P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA1155

Cannot get past the spinning wheel issue. Have tried deleting the OEMsmbios.kext. All BIOS settings are configured correctly. Only way I can get access is by booting safe mode (-x). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you add the GTX560 ID in the Nvidia driver ?
in /S/L/E/NDAGF100../Content/Info.plist (don't have the correct name here), you have to add the GTX560 (1201) again, duplicate the GTX560TI (1200) line and replace 1200 by 1201.

After that no problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back