Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with Intel i3 2125 & HD 3000

Success

Installed from Combo Update (Went fine - no errors)
Ran MultiBeast to reinstall ALC889 (no DSDT). I am not sure if this was needed.

Reboot and 10.8.2

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Updated fine from 10.8.2 (12C53)

Installed Update (combo) rebooted with -f -x to avoid FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/OemSMBIOS.kext Panic

Used KextBeast to replace:

AppleACAPIPlatform.kext (to prevent OEMSMBios Panic and still be able to use smbios.plist to set your system info/serial)
AudioHDA.kext (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha.html)

Re-enabled TRIM support for non Apple SSD's in IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

Make backup:
Code:
sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.original

Enable TRIM:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x4D)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

I have attached the above mentioned AppleACAPIPlatform.kext that allows smbios.plist to work without OEMSMBios Panic.
Found here: http://www.insanlynac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282162&view=findpost&p=1852962

GA-Z77-DS3H F4, i7-3770, and this worked flawlessly for me. I was previously able to boot into 10.8.2 only after disabling vt-d. I didn't have any FakeSMC plugins installed, so I couldn't uninstall OemSMBIOS. MultiBeast restored audio, and the code above restored TRIM support. Swapping out the AppleACAPIPlatform kext let me re-enable vt-d and boot back in without a problem.

Just ran the update using software update on a GA-z77x-d3h with a nvidia card and only 1 custom kext (audio driver for the via audio chip): worked without a hitch: even the sound kept on working (fyi should anyone with the similar setup wonder about this board)

Updated successfully from built-in Software Update and removing the OEMsmbios.kext also used Multibeast to reinstall the audio. My specifications are:
ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE | Core i5 3,31 GHz | 16 GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 650 1 GB.

Thanks tonymacx86... :)

Running
Video Card: Asus 560GTX
Motherboard: ASUS|P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA1155

Cannot get past the spinning wheel issue. Have tried deleting the OEMsmbios.kext. All BIOS settings are configured correctly. Only way I can get access is by booting safe mode (-x). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the P7P55D-E Pro and I used the integrated update, needless to say things did not go well, Just restored back to 10.8.1 and am going to try the combo update, hopefully things will go well this round. Got any advice?

Kermit1219
Nothing really special so far. If interested, I can provide a list of what I checked in MultiBeast, or a screenshot.
Wish you good luck this time!:)

Did anyone manage to get HDMI audio back after losing all audio? I managed to get other audio, but HDMI isn't showing up. I'm on UD5H

successful update!
reboots fine... all working apart of sound lost but recovered after with multibeast
GA-Z68AP-D3
i5- 3550 3.52Ghz (Ivy Bridge)
8GB - 1333mhz Corsair
TP-LINK -TL-WDN4800

ASUS P7P55D-E LX and combo updater. No problems.

I have the P7P55D-E Pro and I used the integrated update, needless to say things did not go well, Just restored back to 10.8.1 and am going to try the combo update, hopefully things will go well this round. Got any advice?

Kermit1219
Turned out, sound doesn't work.
Under 10.6.8 worked fine.
Not a great deal for me, this hackintosh is mostly for photo processing.
Audio rarely used.
Tried different Voodoo kexts, including 2.7.4 1828S from this site, nothing helped so far. Either no sound at all, or distorted.
Hope to fix it with time. Seems like I am not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back