Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Re: GA-B75M-D3H

1. Ensure you have a copy of your current
AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleHDA kext
2. Apply 10.8.2 combo update
3. Reboot in safe mode -x
4. Delete OemSMBios.kext (note-"right click on FakeSMC kext to "open package" whereas you can delete it)
5. "Roll back" - overwrite the two new kexts with the ones you copied earlier in step one.
6. Run Multibeast and reapply your audio driver
7. Reboot
8. You may need to go back to Settings >Sound and select "internal speakers" to get your sound back.

This all worked for me so I hope it helps somebody else who has this mobo.

Alternative method...... (Added 2/23)
Ensure you have a copy of your current AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleHDA kext
2. Let the integrated apple software update to 10.8.2
"Roll back" - overwrite the two new kexts with the ones you copied earlier in step one.
4. Reboot and you are good to go!

Motherboard
Gigabyte mobo
CPU
Intel cpu
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Not booting here, either. Have tried almost all of the fixes suggested but no go. Last message was starting PCI Configuratiion and then it froze. Using a Gigabyte P55a-USB3 with Radeon 6870. Also tried booting off of a nvidia GT260i and no go. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99 UD3P
CPU
XEON 2697
Graphics
GTX1060
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
runomotter - September 19th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Successful update using built in updater. Config:

Gigabyte X79-UD3
Core i7 3820
8 GB DDR3 G-Skill Sniper 1866MHZ
Quadro 600 1GB
2X2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD RAID 10 Configuration

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
CPU
Core i7 2600
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Here are my specs:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F12
Intel i7 2600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
16GB RAM

So, I had some initial difficulty yesterday booting after updating to 10.8.2, as a lot of people have. I used -x from Chimera, and I was able to boot into safe mode just fine. There I deleted the OemSMBIOS, as detailed in previous posts, then I ran Multibeast to reinstall my audio kexts. I rebooted normally and everything worked great with audio as of last night.

I tried booting this afternoon, however, and suddenly nothing happens. After the Apple logo and spinning, it just takes me to a blank white screen, where I can see only my mouse cursor. I've tried booting into safe mode again, but now it does the exact same thing: just a white screen with the mouse cursor. Any ideas?

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Still stuck at:

nvclockx - Overclocking,...

Nothing seems to work to get past this. Would it be possible to just remove the SSD, connect it via USB to SATA on a working Mac and delete the nvclockx kext,.......?

Many thanks to anyone willing to even try and help me with this.

Motherboard
DG41RQ intel 4gb ram
CPU
Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
that's just that i had to do!! and work great

Motherboard
GA H67MA USB3
CPU
i5 2320
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just updated. I followed the earlier post below. There was only one problem, I lost one of my monitors (dual setup). I was using duckweed in Chameleon prior to the update. I followed this setup (see pics labeled duckweed) from a post in the forum (sorry can't remember the user). Using the Duckweed set up I got the full name of my card in the "About this Mac". And both monitors working. After the 10.8.2 update, I only have one monitor.

I went back into Chameleon and changed Duckweed to Kudzu. Both monitors working but I now get the 6xxx in "About this Mac" "Graphics".

If anyone knows of a fix, please post. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by "micr0shaft"

followed this from: "Impossible"

"For me this works as well, i just installed the combo update. When the update was done, (before rebooting) i used kextbeast with this AppleACPIPlatform.kext and did a system repair with Multibeast Lion edition. After this i reinstalled the Realtek 889 audio driver with the Multibeast Mountain Lion edition and rebooted my system without any other modifications without any problems!"

Motherboard
P7P55D-E Pro
CPU
Intel i7 2.81Ghz (1156)
Graphics
GeForce 9500 GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Installed 10.8.2 Combo Update with no error. Everything is working fine. Network, sound(VoodooHDA) and graphics.I have noticed one strange thing about FakeSMC.kext. /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/.......i don't have PlugIns folder inside of the Contents folder. All I have is Info.plist, MacOS folder and Resources Folder. I wish I know why.
The only problem that I have is...I can't Sign in to AppStore. I keep getting the error :"An unknown error has occurred."
Anyone else have AppStore Sign In problem??
I fixed the issue by simply navigate to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and then delete NetworkInterfaces.plist

Motherboard
GA H67MA USB3
CPU
i5 2320
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS

I just updated. I followed the earlier post below. There was only one problem, I lost one of my monitors (dual setup). I was using duckweed in Chameleon prior to the update. I followed this setup (see pics labeled duckweed) from a post in the forum (sorry can't remember the user). Using the Duckweed set up I got the full name of my card in the "About this Mac". No 6xxx. And both monitors working. After the 10.8.2 update, I only have one monitor.

I went back into Chameleon and changed Duckweed to Kudzu. I used this before. Now both monitors working but I now get the 6xxx in "About this Mac" "Graphics".

If anyone knows of a fix, please post. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by "micr0shaft"

followed this from: "Impossible"

"For me this works as well, i just installed the combo update. When the update was done, (before rebooting) i used kextbeast with this AppleACPIPlatform.kext and did a system repair with Multibeast Lion edition. After this i reinstalled the Realtek 889 audio driver with the Multibeast Mountain Lion edition and rebooted my system without any other modifications without any problems!"

Motherboard
MSI x58 pro-E
CPU
intel Xeon 5650 (3.8 ghz)
Graphics
Gainward Geforce gtx 950
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

after updating from 10.8.1 to 8.2 first I had to remove OEM.Smbios (caused kernel panic) according to Tony's advice, but now I'm stuck on macx_swapon SUCCESS. In safe mode the system will boot though. Could someone help me?

My system is ASUS k53sv

Status
Not open for further replies.