Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
One general thing, PLEASE update your BIOS/UEFI/Firmware to the latest version for your motherboard/USB 3.0 controller, if available. This is very important and in the case of USB 3.0 controllers, for the ones that can have their firmware updated, this is usually done in Windows, although some companies offer DOS based updaters.

Article: OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

I have the CustoMac Mini, GA-H61N-USB3 and USB 3 now works on 10.8.2. It didn't show up before this update.

I am running the GA-H61N-USB3, installed the update, reran MB (because the audio wasnt working and there was issues with sharing a certain HD across the network). And now I can't get the computer to boot up at all. I can't see a splash screen or anything. Can someone please help? I would prefer to not have to go through the install again.

aw god this s getting so confusing i dont know anymore if this bloody usb 3.0 really work or not.. so far in my system Gigabyte ud5h i did nt have many problems.. my devices works properly even if they are usb 2.0 in usb 3.0 but i just hope they improve stability and compatibility, it would be nice to see usb3 working as good as usb 2.0 in osx

Work GA x79 UD3

Article: OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

One general thing, PLEASE update your BIOS/UEFI/Firmware to the latest version for your motherboard/USB 3.0 controller, if available. This is very important and in the case of USB 3.0 controllers, for the ones that can have their firmware updated, this is usually done in Windows, although some companies offer DOS based updaters.

I'm running F9 on my UP5 TH, so I'm not sure what's left to update?

I'm running F9 on my UP5 TH, so I'm not sure what's left to update?

On boards with Intel USB 3.0 controllers you're not supposed to install any third party drivers, as that can break the Intel USB 3.0 ports, so if you installed the drivers that comes with MultiBeast, then remove them.
I have no problems with the 10.8.2, so please check your setup, as this is a problem on your side.
Also make sure you double check the USB 3.0 settings in the UEFI that they're correctly configured and set to Auto and not one of the other options.

The Lost Swede says that the VLI hubs now work since 10.8?
On my board all the usb 3 ports are connected to the VIA VL810 hubs and USB 3 has never worked properly.
I have updated the VLI hub firmware but not the usb 3 controller firmware which is a Renesas D720200 chip.
If I use the latest multibeast 5.02 usb 3 caldig kexts although the usb super speed bus show up it does not detect any usb 3 devices and it bricks sleep on my system completely. Screen goes back but fans stay on and it wont restart with out a hard reset. Sleep is usually perfect on my board.

So which kext will work on my board please? i'd love to have usb 3 working now :)

The Lost Swede says that the VLI hubs now work since 10.8?
On my board all the usb 3 ports are connected to the VIA VL810 hubs and USB 3 has never worked properly.
I have updated the VLI hub firmware but not the usb 3 controller firmware which is a Renesas D720200 chip.
If I use the latest multibeast 5.02 usb 3 caldig kexts although the usb super speed bus show up it does not detect any usb 3 devices and it bricks sleep on my system completely. Screen goes back but fans stay on and it wont restart with out a hard reset. Sleep is usually perfect on my board.

So which kext will work on my board please? i'd love to have usb 3 working now :)

Wrong generation board, but technically, it should work if you update the Renesas firmware. You need a bootable USB flash drive and this https://dl.dropbox.com/u/911286/NEC_3028_FW.zip which is the latest firmware available.

As for drivers, I'd try the recently patched LaCie drivers, should be version 1.0.10 or something like that. This is a bit off topic though, as this post was about Fresco Logic and Intel controllers which are OOB now.

H67n-usb3 USB 3 not working, I'm awaiting a solution

I think that's because this board (which I use as well) is using an unsupported Renesas D720200 chip for the USB 3 controller.

Worked on my Ga-Z68xp-UD5,Bios F6, OS x10.8.2 without multibeast.

how could that be, I have the same mobo you have and I don't have Super High Speed Bus showing up on System Information...

do you have any additional USB3 kext installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back