Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

I had some overclocking issue with my Asus Sabertooth z77 I7 3770K @ 4.6ghz
I used to have 18'000 on Geekbench with 10.8

I upgraded to 10.8.1 and i was lock for a while at 13'500.

But I figured it out, 10.8.1 seems add again NullCPUPowerManagement.kext just simply removed it and everthing is working well

DZ77RE-75K successfully updated through the Mac App Store--no problems so far.
The Thunderbolt port is still not showing up in System Information under "Thunderbolt," though, so nothing's new there.

But I figured it out, 10.8.1 seems add again NullCPUPowerManagement.kext just simply removed it and everthing is working well

Ok...for me that was a bad idea. On my X79 with a 3930k after I removed that Kext I kept getting a kernel panic at startup and all I could do is re-install everything from scratch.

Lesson learned!:banghead:

Everything good on Ivy Bridge w/GA-Z77-D3H and HD6850.

1. I downloaded the Update from the link above,
2. I installed it
3. It give me "installation failed" at the end of the installation
4. I reboot, boots up fine.
5. I'm running 10.8.1.

Sadly there is no fix for the nVidia Sleep/Wake issue. So i can not leave the house without turn the Monitor Off. ggggrrrrrrrr!!!!

cheers
Probably you are not really running 10.8.1. E.g. if you check your kexts dates in S/L/E you'll see that only system.kext is updated (which gives the 10.8.1 status). If not other kexts are updated (I recall there were 3 updates) your installation has failed.

All good on GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L. Had to use Multibeast to rollback Applehda.kext. Updated right from app store.

Used downloaded installer and everything is a-OK.
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH | Core i7-3770K | GeForce GTX 660ti (Reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back