Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update with app store with no problems!
rampage 3 extreme, i7930, 6g-hypwerx, 120g force 3 ssd, cooler master 1050w psu, dual booting another 120g force 3 ssd windows 7 for gaming

I updated this morning, before going to work, via app store.. all systems go. (still cant make Airplay mirroring work though)
specs:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
i7-2600k
TP-LINK TL WDN4800
16GB RAM 1600mhz
1GB WD HD
Mountain Lion 10.8.1

Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

This update has broken my ssd trim enabler. I needed to restore the old IOAHCIFamily.kex (10.8).No more issues.
Somebody else?

SSD trim enabler no longer works. Did update directly from Apple store. Restoring from Multibeast didn't work for some reason. Newbie here- how can I restore this old IOAHCIFamily.kex.
Thx.
John

Zero trouble here, installed via App Store.
10.8.1 works the same as 10.8

SSD trim enabler no longer works. Did update directly from Apple store. Restoring from Multibeast didn't work for some reason. Newbie here- how can I restore this old IOAHCIFamily.kex.
Thx.
John

You are right, TRIM support stopped.

Im in the same boat. Tried the update and it failed then on reboot I received the 'no entry' circle with line through it over the apple logo.
I then Reinstalled 10.8 from Unibeast USB drive and once booted in 10.8 downloaded the 10.8.1 update through the app store without installing Chimera. This time the update installed ok. Rebooted off Unibeast into 10.8.1, installed DSDT with Multibeast and had to reinstall audio drivers. All is working fine now.

Did you loose all your data when you reinstalled 10.8 or no?

To enable trim on 10.8.1, can you guys try: =P
http://cl.ly/IyYD
In the last few comments, it shows a user-submitted 10.8.1 updated command that several people confirmed working. That's what I'd go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back