Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is mostly working except it killed my audio. Haven't tested usb 3 either but that wasn't working in 10.8 so guess I'll miss with it a bit

All working fine here did not have to reinstall anything

Tried to update by downloading the OSXUpd10.8.1.dmg from the Apple Website. Installation Failed and when I rebooted it loaded all the extensions and then I got a kernel panic. Had to restore my boot drive back up 10.8.0 using a backup.

Update : Tried to apply the update via the App Store. Installation failed again and was unable to boot without a kernel panic. Strange its working for other people.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 18.52.35.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 18.52.35.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Boot Error.jpg
    Boot Error.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 287
Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

I downloaded the OSXUpd10.8.1.dmg from the Apple website and the install failed. I then rebooted and it reloaded all the extensions and I got a kernel panic. Had to restore my drive back 10.8.0 using a backup clone. Not sure what the problem is.

I updated from the app store and everything went fine. only thing I noticed was the system booted a little slower. also as soon as it booted back up I got a notification on my iphone saying that my macpro was using one of my emails for FaceTime. no luck on my mac pro using my number for imessages yet tho.

updated through apple's software update and still working fine...

I downloaded the OSXUpd10.8.1.dmg from the Apple website and the install failed. I then rebooted and it reloaded all the extensions and I got a kernel panic. Had to restore my drive back 10.8.0 using a backup clone. Not sure what the problem is.

What did the kernel panic refer to? I also had a kernel panic after the update. I just replaced the kernels causing the KP (IOAHCIFamily and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector) with the ones I had from my previous backup. Now, everything's dandy :)

I wonder if the new 10.8.1 app store installer could potentially fix the ATI6000Controller problem that happened with the 10.8 installer?

No OpenCL with my GTX 670 Superclocked+ and 10.8.1 (I tried patching/re-installing will MultiBeat 5.0.2) but still a no-go. Dose this sound right or am I just missing somthing?

bumping mrengles question, since i will be using a 670 in my build (parts arriving today :D !!).

GTX 670 has native support within ML and therefore OpenCL Enabler would seem superfluous, and could even get in the way. therefore in multibeast one would not install OpenCL enabler for the 4xx/5xx cards, but rather the Patched Geforce kext... is this correct?

mrengles, is this how you multibeasted your GPU?

GA Z68X UD3H B3 F10 + HD3000 == All Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back