Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
su.jpg
Today Apple released Mac OS X 10.8.1, the first major update to OS X Mountain Lion. At 24 megabytes, this is a much smaller point update than usual, and does not contain any of the normal audio and graphics driver updates. To eliminate any potential issues, we generally recommend to update any supported systems using the standalone installer available from Apple.com, and not the built-in Software Update.

Be sure to back up any important data, and if possible clone your hard drive before applying the update. If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast.

1081.png

What we know about 10.8.1 so far...

• 12.1.0 Darwin kernel
  • Battery drivers updated for Mac Laptops
  • USB drivers updated
  • Thunderbolt drivers updated
macappstore.png

The Mac App Store version of 10.8.1 is now out as well, so if you'd like to update the installer drive, you can slipstream this update into UniBeast. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related Posts:
Mac OS X 10.7.4 Update
Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update
Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update
Mac OS X 10.7.1 Update

Attachments

• su.jpg
    su.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 1081.png
    1081.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 1,113
  • macappstore.png
    macappstore.png
    143 KB · Views: 1,067
Last edited by a moderator:
System Software Overview:

System Version:OS X 10.8.1 (12B19)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.1.0

Why does it say 44MBs in the description, but 24 in the preview?

Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

Well, the installation said that it failed? But when I go to 'About' after the reboot, I see that I'm running 10.8.1. Tried a re-install to be sure, still says that it failed. How is this possible? And does this mean trouble?

When I go to my system/library/extensions folder, and sort by Date Modified, I see that the system.kext was added today. Nothing else has changed there. Is this the same for everyone? Especially since it has fixes for USB, and my USB kext wasn't modified I want to be sure if everything is alright from my end :) Thanks.

Edit: something very weird, tried everything. Keep saying that it failed :) but unless someone can point out that something didn't update, I believe my About screen I guess? As long as it says 10.8.1 I think I might be fine..

everything works fine. Didn't need to reinstall anything. I did update it via appstore and my update was around 7mb not 24mb like shown in the screenshot. The only scary part was when it asked me to enter my apple id after install/reboot, but that just to adhere to their new terms.

Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

Worked fine here too.

All fine here! GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i7 2600k | GTX 560 Ti

That's a weak update. Still no OpenCL support for HD 4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back