Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

everything works fine. Didn't need to reinstall anything. I did update it via appstore and my update was around 7mb not 24mb like shown in the screenshot. The only scary part was when it asked me to enter my apple id after install/reboot, but that just to adhere to their new terms.

i never got asked for apple id after install ? .

I downloaded the OSXUpd10.8.1.dmg from the Apple website and the install failed. I then rebooted and it reloaded all the extensions and I got a kernel panic. Had to restore my drive back 10.8.0 using a backup clone. Not sure what the problem is.

Im in the same boat. Tried the update and it failed then on reboot I received the 'no entry' circle with line through it over the apple logo.
I then Reinstalled 10.8 from Unibeast USB drive and once booted in 10.8 downloaded the 10.8.1 update through the app store without installing Chimera. This time the update installed ok. Rebooted off Unibeast into 10.8.1, installed DSDT with Multibeast and had to reinstall audio drivers. All is working fine now.

Everything ok Here. installed through App store. :)

I ran the app store and it presented two different updates....both were 10.8.1 ??????
I ran the first one, it downloaded in just a few seconds, installed and rebooted......all was good.
App Store still showed a red one on the icon so I opened it, oddly it still shows a second 10.8.1 available. As you will see from the screen shot, I have 10.8.1 installed, but it is showing a large (4GB) 10.8.1 available.
Not sure what to do now or how to cancel the second update....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 12.28.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 12.28.34 PM.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 158
10.8.1 is so far so good on my Core i7 930, GA-X58-USB3 1.0 F3 BIOS (F4 seems to have disappeared from Gigabyte's website at about the same time that mine reset) - even sound needed no Multibeast reinstall. Now if I could just figure out why my previously fine SSD Lion install refuses to boot with ML installed, I could get this thing back up to speed.

All fine on this side of the world. Appstore install worked without any issues or need to reinstall kexts.

Z68X-UDH3-B3 Uefi XFX HD6870 Dual Fan

well mine has become smoother than before....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back