Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

For some reason update package did not work ("installation failed"). However Unibeast with app store 10.8.1 worked fine.
Had to correct ethernet and sound with MB. Using Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3.

updated from App store all ok except it broke network. Reinstalled realtek and lnx2mac kexts from Multibeast without success. Finally replaced system.kext with one from 10.8.0 and network fixed. Will try to figure out what part broke network unless someone else knows and can tell me

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 w/UEFI bios Sapphire Radeon 6570 i5 2500K

Decided to rollback to 10.8.0 and reinstall update from standalone instead of App Store. All OK except DVD player. That didnt work in Lion either so still no solution for that.

works flawlessly! GA h67M-D2-B3

Dear Mac MAn & Team

The issue, Multi Beast always ending with "Install failed" message in P55 mobose I think cause a miner bug in "Lagacy USB Support" option in Multi Beast 5.0.2. Because i installed MTN Lion and did the following commands in terminal

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

and it shows any messages, then i started installing Multi Beast , Select User DSDT. audio,Drive, Fake smcs plugins ony motherbord plugins and HW monitor the installation ends succussfully. then i select again and this time select Lagacy USB support only this time the insstallation Failed. then the terminal command

sudo kextcache -update-volume /

shows the issue with IOUSBCompositeDriver' and CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext i back up and removed these two and the Multi Beast Installation did successfully
I examined this 4 times in my Extra HDD for trail all end in same result if i omiting the option "Lagacy USB Support" Multi beast successfully ends its installation but i cant use my USB ports even keyboard and mouse , if i sellect "Lagacy USB Support" it cause problems to MB and CUDA ....etc.. installatios.

i do this post here because at this time post new thread button in Multi Beast Bug report forom is not working.

Thanks

chas0001 said:
Tried to update by downloading the OSXUpd10.8.1.dmg from the Apple Website. Installation Failed and when I rebooted it loaded all the extensions and then I got a kernel panic. Had to restore my boot drive back up 10.8.0 using a backup.

Update : Tried to apply the update via the App Store. Installation failed again and was unable to boot without a kernel panic. Strange its working for other people.
Exactly the same issue here!!!
Exactly the same issue here!!!

I rolled back AppleAHCIPort.kext from a backup. Now able to boot. Since the installation failed not sure if it corrupted this file to was not supported. But the error I got was something to the effect that the vtable was malformed.

Great! no troubles whatsoever with the stand alone installer. Thx for the direct link!

I rolled back AppleAHCIPort.kext from a backup. Now able to boot. Since the installation failed not sure if it corrupted this file to was not supported. But the error I got was something to the effect that the vtable was malformed.

That sounds Familiar to me :) Do you use a SSD and rolled back IOAHCIFamily and AppleAHCIPort kexts with ones from Lion into your 10.8.0 System before?

I mentioned it there -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tain-lion-slower-boot-times-4.html#post430359

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back