Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11 El Capitan setup guide for ASUS Rampage V Extreme x99 Haswell-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been quite busy these last months with personal works. Indeed, I have seen there are some changes in Sierra. Let me have an adequate time to work on it and I hope I can shortly update you guys about the USB for Sierra.
thanks. I already got it up and running
the only issue i have is audio

Hi Number6, I've been quite out of the loop during these last months was busy with some personal work. I'm happy if what I've published helped you and thanks for the kind words, it is much appreciated. I can also notice that you've find solutions for your issues with some other users; which is great! But there is something that I would still like to correct: changing the "byte" word to "bit" within the generated DSDT shouldn't be your first option. It is only a solution for those who are left with no other options for whatever the reason might be. I would still recommend (something also being recommended by RehabMan) that you generate your DSDT before making use of any DSDT fix masks, except for "Fake LPC" which I said should always be used in the case of the Rampage V Extreme. The method is already mentioned in the guide.

I have not really been investigating eSATA (not really a fan of, since I don't own such device yet) but it should work directly as far as I know. What is exactly your issue with the eSATA? I suppose that you have an eSATA port which is within your chassis. Which cables comes out of the e-SATA port?

Hey!!! I've been busy setting up a new studio so sorry for not checking in, Hans.

My system is still working fine. The eSATA was easy. I just didn't have it configured in BIOS!!!

The DSDT edit (byte / bit), I agree with you. It's a bit late for me to go back and do anything about it now, especially since the system has been working so well for nine months.

The only issue I have is that occasionally when I switch on the system, some of my USB devices aren't working. This is very rare. The more I use the rig, the less it happens. What I mean is that if I don't use it for a couple of weeks, it seems more likely that this will happen. Unplugging / plugging USB devices sorts out the problem.

I have a UAD2 PCIe card and like many, sometimes this won't show up and I have to reboot. This also happens very occasionally but I have read on the UAD forum that this is quite a common problem. I don't think it's Hackintosh based.

The reason I'm back here is because I'm thinking of building another system as my new studio is video-based. :)

Hans, last question. I have a broadwell CPU (6800k) what would I have to modify in your guide to get this to work?

Last edited:
Hi Hans88,
have you tried to install high sierra on your pc with V Extreme rampage?
thanks
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back