Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11 El Capitan setup guide for ASUS Rampage V Extreme x99 Haswell-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I check all guide and it is very good! I find "EFI post install" files and use DSDT and SSDT files. HDMI works perfectly, but I cant find HDMI fix for example or any instruction for editing DSDT.aml for video or hdmi in your guide. It will be interesting how you do this, because with your DSDT not working my PS/2 keyboard.

I use my old DSDT (Made with HANS Guide) , but I copy all part BR3A from your DSDT. One distinction that I find it is board-1 vs board-2 (maybe you have more distinctions?):
Is it enough replace

Code:
"hda-gfx",
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-1"
                            },

to

Code:
"hda-gfx",
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-2"
                            },

?

I have else two questions:

2. After wake up every time I get Google Chrome crash and reconnect USB devices, Is it normal for hackintosh?
3. I replace corsair link to low right usb port on board (without borders) and it is disabled with uia_exclude=HS07;HS12 boot flag only :headbang:. Are you shure that ports numbered right?

Last edited:
Hey Hans, thank you so much for this. You're four months of hard work means that my build took only one month! For the first time I was able to extract a good DSDT. Your write-up is very concise and in-depth but is very easy to follow with lots of useful information. I have learnt a lot.

My build is on an Asus X99A/USB3.1 which is very similar to your MOBO so my graphics card name / path were exactly the same as in your write-up. My processor seems happy and so does my graphics card (GT740).

My only problem is that the USB tree in System Profiler is not correct. Whatever I plug into the USB ports, it shows on the USB3.0 tree. I have also noticed that in IOReg, I have no EH01. I do not know if this is related.

I have not been able to get the USB3.1 ports working yet but I will keep on trying. Perhaps I missed something. I know that they will only work at USB3.0.

I am using a Samsung NVMe 950 256GB and with the help from RahabMan, I can get this working too. My installation is on to an old HDD which I will clone over to the NVMe drive when I get everything working.

I hope you can help.

I am using a Samsung NVMe 950 256GB and with the help from RahabMan, I can get this working too. My installation is on to an old HDD which I will clone over to the NVMe drive when I get everything working.

Number6, Hello. What programm you will use for cloning?

Number6, Hello. What programm you will use for cloning?

I will try Carbon Copy Cloner first. When I first tried it (like six years ago), some of my programs lost their authorizations. I then tried again on my second system and under 10.6.8 and it worked just great. Three years later (!!!) and still no problems on that rig. Back then I also went from HDD to SSD. Hopefully, if I get a good, stable installation, I'll just do the same thing from my HDD to the NVMe.

By the way, I think I have sussed what what i need to do on my X99 system. I am going to either do a quick Windows installation or attempt a Yosemite installation so that I can identify the logical ports on all of my physical USB connectors. I am then going to 'fix' my DSDT. USB is very important to me as I use a lot of outboard MIDI gear. I have read a lot of posts where people are claiming that their USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 is working but I am not convinced.

I use a small program called USB Overdrive. It means that I don't need Logitech drivers, LOL !!! Anyway, it's producing some interesting results. Other things seem a little messed up too, on my USB so although I have things woking, I feel that things aren't working properly and I very much need them to.

Unfortunately since my last post, I have not been able to get a good DSDT again. I keep on getting three 6501 errors (Address min is greater than address max). For the life of me, I just can't work it out.

Hey Hans, thank you so much for this. You're four months of hard work means that my build took only one month! For the first time I was able to extract a good DSDT. Your write-up is very concise and in-depth but is very easy to follow with lots of useful information. I have learnt a lot.

My build is on an Asus X99A/USB3.1 which is very similar to your MOBO so my graphics card name / path were exactly the same as in your write-up. My processor seems happy and so does my graphics card (GT740).

My only problem is that the USB tree in System Profiler is not correct. Whatever I plug into the USB ports, it shows on the USB3.0 tree. I have also noticed that in IOReg, I have no EH01. I do not know if this is related.

I have not been able to get the USB3.1 ports working yet but I will keep on trying. Perhaps I missed something. I know that they will only work at USB3.0.

I hope you can help.

Hi Number 6, thanks for the above, it's much appreciated.

Don't worry if you have all the USBs', including 2.0 ports, reporting under the USB 3.0 tree, it's normal in this particular case. If my memory is good, it is the USBInjectAll.kext which causes this but it has it's reason to be here. If I wanted to be able to achieve sleep and still being able to use the USB 3.1 add-in card (which is going to work under 3.0 speed) I have had to keep that kext present in Clover. Your case might be more or less the same. This is the only method I've found to get things done and to satisfy all the required. The only trade off is that it will slightly mix things up in the reports, but that's all.

That's strange that your IOReg doesn't show any EH01. Well, may be it's structured under some different naming. I think it will appear after you have done the name changes within the DSDT, for ex: EHC1>EH01. If this has not been done yet it might not appear under the IOReg report. If you have not yet done these changes in the DSDT, then try to search EHC1 in the app and see what shows up. For your info; No, it's not related with whats going on with your System Profiler report.

Have you got your NVMe working via Clover's patching?

USB is very important to me as I use a lot of outboard MIDI gear.

So we're kinda having the same reason to use OS X!! Mine is for Logic!

I have read a lot of posts where people are claiming that their USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 is working but I am not convinced.

It's true. I mean on my end I can guarantee you all ports are working.

Unfortunately since my last post, I have not been able to get a good DSDT again. I keep on getting three 6501 errors (Address min is greater than address max). For the life of me, I just can't work it out.

It looks like you are having difficulty to compile your .aml. I suspect that your are using the 5.0 or 5.1 ACPI. In the MaciAsl app go to Preferences>iASL> then make sure that ACPI Specification is set to 4.0 only!! Try that and see it if compiles successfully.

Don't worry if you have all the USBs', including 2.0 ports, reporting under the USB 3.0 tree, it's normal in this particular case. If my memory is good, it is the USBInjectAll.kext which causes this but it has it's reason to be here. If I wanted to be able to achieve sleep and still being able to use the USB 3.1 add-in card (which is going to work under 3.0 speed) I have had to keep that kext present in Clover. Your case might be more or less the same. This is the only method I've found to get things done and to satisfy all the required. The only trade off is that it will slightly mix things up in the reports, but that's all.

That's strange that your IOReg doesn't show any EH01. Well, may be it's structured under some different naming. I think it will appear after you have done the name changes within the DSDT, for ex: EHC1>EH01. If this has not been done yet it might not appear under the IOReg report. If you have not yet done these changes in the DSDT, then try to search EHC1 in the app and see what shows up. For your info; No, it's not related with whats going on with your System Profiler report.

It looks like you are having difficulty to compile your .aml. I suspect that your are using the 5.0 or 5.1 ACPI. In the MaciAsl app go to Preferences>iASL> then make sure that ACPI Specification is set to 4.0 only!! Try that and see it if compiles successfully.
Oh WOW!! Many thanks, Hans. This information is great. I am at work right now but I will have time to look at things in more depth, later today.

I thought it very strange that everyone is saying that USB is working but I seem to be the only one concerned that the USB2.0 / USB3.0 tree is all wrong.

I will take another look at my DSDT. I have just installed Yosemite so that I can look at the USB stuff from a different angle. I think there are some hubs in the X99A/USB3.1 MOBO which is throwing me off. I will dig a little deeper and let you know.

Obviously once I get this sorted out, I would like to offer my DSDT and any SSDTs to the group and your original post. I hope it will help some people.

At the moment, I am not worried about the NVMe SSD. I did get it working but it showed up with the orange (external) icon. I think I can fix this. I used RehabMan's method and he did point me in the right path.

EDIT: Yes, you were right; my MACIASL was set to ACPI 5.0. Changing it to version 4.0 still gives me one error, though. Now I have a single 4007 error (Field offset is in bits but a byte offset is required). Hmm....

EDIT 2: Okay, this error 4007 was an easy fix. I changed CreateByteField to CreateBitField. I have got my graphics card working just great so now I can focus on USB.

Last edited:
Hey Hans, I got everything working!!! I did everything you recommended and it's all there.

I am still going to explore the USB mapping thing. In fact I have already started. Please see here for my post regarding USB mapping of Asus X99a/USB3.1.

My system application perhaps differs from yours slightly as I have never bothered with sleep. All my machines are on all the time. Neither have I bothered with on-board audio as I always use external (FireWire) interfaces.

You are one of people I owe a big THANK YOU to. There is also RehabMan, Piker Alpha and Xavi16.

Hans, I forgot to reply to your question: Have you got your NVMe working via Clover's patching?

I used RehabMan's suggestion to install the kext without patching as sometimes Clover will not load a patch / kext completely. Since this is all about the boot drive, if anything goes wrong, it could be really bad. See details here.

It worked straight away but my NVMe was showing up as an external drive (orange drive icon).

RehabMan helped me identify my NVMe in IOREG. From there he was able to find it in my DSDT and suggested a small edit:

BEFORE

Code:
               Device (H000)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x00)
                    Method (_SUN, 0, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Return (SNUM ())
                    }
                }

AFTER

Code:
               Device (H000)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x00)

{
                        Return (SNUM ())
                    }
                }

With that, my NVMe is working great.

I've learnt a huge amount over the past few weeks and my system is now working fine.

Just one thing left to do: I am trying to get one of my SATA ports to act as an eSATA port but this is quite difficult to do. I think this requires a DSDT edit on the port that I want to be eSATA but I don't know what to do. If anyone knows or has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back