Register

OS X 10.11 El Capitan setup guide for ASUS Rampage V Extreme x99 Haswell-E

Motherboard
Asus X99-A II
CPU
Intel I7-6900K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980ti
You say you do not wake up using your mouse? and the space bar on your keyboard?
Possibly a problem with the configuration of your ports after going to sleep disables your USB, or perhaps changes in your DSDT are causing the problem.
No. I can wake up the system by a mouse click or pressing a key on the keyboard - both works fine. I only recognized that the wake reason is still "kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: ?" - in my opinion there should be EH01 or XHC, shouldn't it?

First of all thanks a lot for these kind words Joe!!
With which method did you proceeded to turn off those specific USB ports?
You are welcome Hans. I removed the Device HS07 under XHC/RHUB in the DSDT.

I got the 6900K @ 4.3 GHz (Broadwell E) nicely playing with CPUFakeID 0x0306a0 and without SSDT, XCMP and P-States. The PM works only with C-States. Not perfect but fine for the moment.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
thnks for reply
actually i was able to edit dsdt and plist by spending hours to learn this with many mistakes,but as people say doing mistakes lead us to right path,so i'm done with my usb 3.0.
ssdt are same that i generated.
its all wrking fine with sleep and awake.

but my system faces little corruption in vlc and while accessing folders as then slow down little,but when my system stays off for few hours it becomes normal and run like charm(i thk it's system heatup problem).

i have done one mistake i called apple about imessage (but i didn't give them hakintosh serial ,i gave them the orignal from orignal macbook)and they said please try after 24 hours and i provided them imessage code .they said it will take 24 hours to register in their database.so what do i do now ,i should proceed with login or generate right serial from mac pro 6,1 or use present imac14,2 serial?
if i change ,then do i need to call apple again to give them new code?
my airdrop worked after i edited plist in right method but only for one time on next two restarts i'ts not working at all
Ouchhh...you are in a real mess here! You shouldn't have called Apple before seeking advice from the community and don't call Apple back for now. Your account is suspended and what they are going to do is to only re-activate your account with the real Mac's serial number you've given to them and nothing more. It means that only this serial number has been re-activated and not the hackintosh's one.

It will be a bit tricky here and would require some luck as well. Tell me one thing, do you still have the profile that you've used in the past to successfully log in iMessage and FaceTime services?

Concerning you VLC issue, it's working fine on my end. Your issue deals with something else.

Once again, keep in mind that AirDrop will not be a 100% steady thing. You will have to wait for some time to see your devices, it's a very random thing. Even real Mac users usually faces this issue, so you can't expect a better treatment than them. Even me I usually face this issue when I want to send something from my iPhone 6 Plus to the computer. Until now this is the only solution to get AirDrop working. May be someone else can provide a better method. By the way, I would recommend you to avoid making use of any patch that would enable 5Ghz wifi. I did intentionally not include the 5Ghz WiFi method in my guide as I have noticed that it make things more difficult with AirDrop and despite being more rapid, the 5Ghz WiFi has less signal coverage.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Rampge V Extreme
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
Geforce Gtx Titan X
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ouchhh...you are in a real mess here! You shouldn't have called Apple before seeking advice from the community and don't call Apple back for now. Your account is suspended and what they are going to do is to only re-activate your account with the real Mac's serial number you've given to them and nothing more. It means that only this serial number has been re-activated and not the hackintosh's one.

It will be a bit tricky here and would require some luck as well. Tell me one thing, do you still have the profile that you've used in the past to successfully log in iMessage and FaceTime services?

Concerning you VLC issue, it's working fine on my end. Your issue deals with something else.
no i dont have that profile,but when i called them i said i have another mac at home having same problem ,they said now you will be able to login.

but if there is solution it's ok otherwise i'm not to greedy to make it work ,i just wanted complete hakintosh that's all thnks.
you can olny tell me airdrop solution if you say i will attach my new working plist.

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
No. I can wake up the system by a mouse click or pressing a key on the keyboard - both works fine. I only recognized that the wake reason is still "kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: ?" - in my opinion there should be EH01 or XHC, shouldn't it?

You are welcome Hans. I removed the Device HS07 under XHC/RHUB in the DSDT.

I got the 6900K @ 4.3 GHz (Broadwell E) nicely playing with CPUFakeID 0x0306a0 and without SSDT, XCMP and P-States. The PM works only with C-States. Not perfect but fine for the moment.
Although I said it was a possible way, I don't recommend removing a device in the DSDT. This should be the ultimate last option. If the device path is under HS07 then simply add this boot argument in your config.plist: uia_exclude=HS07. Normally this should disable that port only and don't forget to put back the normal DSDT in it's place.

Just generate the SSDTs and the power should work flawlessly.

Motherboard
Asus X99-A II
CPU
Intel I7-6900K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980ti
Although I said it was a possible way, I don't recommend removing a device in the DSDT. This should be the ultimate last option. If the device path is under HS07 then simply add this boot argument in your config.plist: uia_exclude=HS07. Normally this should disable that port only and don't forget to put back the normal DSDT in it's place.

Just generate the SSDTs and the power should work flawlessly.
I tried the uia_exclude but it didn't work as expected. Since i won't use this special port ever, thats perfect ok for me. I will try to create the SSDT again and report later... ;)

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
no i dont have that profile,but when i called them i said i have another mac at home having same problem ,they said now you will be able to login.

but if there is solution it's ok otherwise i'm not to greedy to make it work ,i just wanted complete hakintosh that's all thnks.
you can olny tell me airdrop solution if you say i will attach my new working plist.
Yeah, they said that you will be able to login...to login on a real mac they meant tough!! Try using SMBIOS 17,1 and see.

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried the uia_exclude but it didn't work as expected. Since i won't use this special port ever, thats perfect ok for me. I will try to create the SSDT again and report later... ;)
You didn't followed the guide properly or surely did something wrong somewhere. I have just tried uia_exclude for both my Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i and I confirm it works.

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X99-A II
CPU
Intel I7-6900K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980ti
You didn't followed the guide properly or surely did something wrong somewhere. I have just tried uia_exclude for both my Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i and I confirm it works.
Yeah... And for now it is okay for me to block the Port in the DSDT. My first Target was a clean vanilla System without S/L/E Kexts. That is achieved. I think the boot argument exclude is the "nicer" way but for now it is perfect ok... ;)