Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11 El Capitan setup guide for ASUS Rampage V Extreme x99 Haswell-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello DroneFriend, you are welcomed. :wave:

Clover will dump all the files in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin/. After booting in OS X, open the aforementioned directory, they should be there. Are you not using PikerAlpha's tool instead?
OK I see a bunch of files now, including dsdt.aml. Nope I'm not using Piker's tool. I started downloading it using terminal but then there were some arguments to be applied and I was unsure whether they were for 2011 socket only or if it would work with my mobo. Decided to go with Clovers option, felt safer.

What do I need to open and edit the DSDT.aml? And when I have, should I save it as .aml or something else? Should it replace the old DSDT.aml in /origin/ or should I put under /patched/?

Many thanks :)

OK I see a bunch of files now, including dsdt.aml. Nope I'm not using Piker's tool. I started downloading it using terminal but then there were some arguments to be applied and I was unsure whether they were for 2011 socket only or if it would work with my mobo. Decided to go with Clovers option, felt safer.

What do I need to open and edit the DSDT.aml? And when I have, should I save it as .aml or something else? Should it replace the old DSDT.aml in /origin/ or should I put under /patched/?

Many thanks :)

Okay, I can assume that you are using the Z170 chipset since you didn't publish your hardware profile. You want to use the Clover's generated DSDT, which is not bad at all, but you will still need the proper SSDTs' for various reasons! As you were unsure, let me clarify; You can use the arguments provided in my guide to generate your ACPI files by using the PikerAplha's ssdtPRGen.sh, it should suit the Z170 chipset as well. Read the DSDT and SSDT's section in the guide, it details the steps to take ahead.

Thank u for help!
FakeCPUID 0x0306A0 is not working (in the end of booting there cores error I thing)
I stop on 0x0306E4

Now I get dsdt.dsl for test on 3101 bios.

Last edited:
Okay, I can assume that you are using the Z170 chipset since you didn't publish your hardware profile. You want to use the Clover's generated DSDT, which is not bad at all, but you will still need the proper SSDTs' for various reasons! As you were unsure, let me clarify; You can use the arguments provided in my guide to generate your ACPI files by using the PikerAplha's ssdtPRGen.sh, it should suit the Z170 chipset as well. Read the DSDT and SSDT's section in the guide, it details the steps to take ahead.
I am using the Z170 chipset.

I tried doing as you said, with both the beta and the master versions of ssdtPRGen.sh, but both tries gave me this:

gDataPath: /Users/First/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data

Override value: (-x) XCPM mode, now set to: 1!

Error: Invalid argument detected: –w

Aborting ...

Done.

----
I found the way to open dsdt's though! If I open maciASL it opens some kind of default System DSDT, but I can open the one in origin as well. I did a 'compile' on each of these, and both gave me 11 syntax errors on code 4096, mostly "unexpected }, expecting ("

edit: Is the ssdtPRGen.sh really Skylake compatible?

Thank u for help!
FakeCPUID 0x0306A0 is not working (in the end of booting there cores error I thing)
I stop on 0x0306E4

Now I get dsdt.dsl for test on 3101 bios.

Now I do not understand where to find this: "Within the edited DSDT.dsl find and replace EHC1>EH01 (there should be 3), EHC2>EH02 (there should be 3) and XHCI>XHC (there should be 11)." in DSDT.dsl I can not find EHC1 and EHC2

Now I want that sleeping mode works fine... And computer wakes fine... now I get this message: (I pin image later)

You are not doing it right. I am not telling you if you would like to use BIOS 2101...and so on. I am telling that if you want to have good a speed step, reach turbo boost and desired frequencies and in the same time having sleep working and all the features working, there is no way out. You will have to drop down to BIOS 2101 as I did as well. It didn't please me either to downgrade the BIOS version, but if I wanted all features to work I've had to agree with this trade off. Let's hope that ASUS provides a better BIOS for the next update which I think might be 3284 or something similar. But fot the time being, try this and keep me updated because I can't really provide help for 3101. I'm not using it myself.

I am using the Z170 chipset.

I tried doing as you said, with both the beta and the master versions of ssdtPRGen.sh, but both tries gave me this:

gDataPath: /Users/First/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data

Error: Invalid argument detected: –w

Aborting ...

Done.

----
I found the way to open dsdt's though! If I open maciASL it opens some kind of default System DSDT, but I can open the one in origin as well. I did a 'compile' on each of these, and both gave me 11 syntax errors on code 4096, mostly "unexpected }, expecting ("

edit: Is the ssdtPRGen.sh really Skylake compatible?

In your case, you can avoid using the "-w" argument. Therefore, re use the ssdtPRGen without the "-w" argument, it should generate the desired ACPI files.

By the way which motherboard's model are you using?

Will try that ASAP.

Im on a Gigabyte Z170N Wifi ITX motherboard.

Might as well ask right now because I will bump into it later. I use the only integrated m2 slot on my mobo. Theres only one PCIe port and few SATA slots.

How do I figure out what slot my drive is using? It does not ahow up in BIOS under either NVMe or PCIe if I remember correctly, oddly enough..

In your case, you can avoid using the "-w" argument. Therefore, re use the ssdtPRGen without the "-w" argument, it should generate the desired ACPI files.

By the way which motherboard's model are you using?
I tried without '-w 3 and as such wrote
/Users/First/Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh-master/ssdtPRGen.sh -x 1 –b Mac-DB15BD556843C820 –turbo 6300

I now get

Error: Invalid argument detected: –b

Aborting ...

Done.

You said the -b argument is for saying I' using an iMac 17,1, right? That is already in my Clover config. Can I leave the -b argument out as well? I am unsure about the -turbo argument also. Didn't the guide mention that was for Haswell CPUs?

I tried without '-w 3 and as such wrote
/Users/First/Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh-master/ssdtPRGen.sh -x 1 –b Mac-DB15BD556843C820 –turbo 6300

I now get

Error: Invalid argument detected: –b

Aborting ...

Done.

You said the -b argument is for saying I' using an iMac 17,1, right? That is already in my Clover config. Can I leave the -b argument out as well? I am unsure about the -turbo argument also. Didn't the guide mention that was for Haswell CPUs?

I tried to do this and once it works. Try to clean system/library/cashes directory. After reboot it's generate caches again for few time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back