Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11 El Capitan setup guide for ASUS Rampage V Extreme x99 Haswell-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I try to modify DSDT.aml, but i just can't work with ssdtPRGen.sh to get DSDT file.

1) I get error when try to process command "Open Terminal and drag the ssdtPRGen.sh over it and add these arguments: -x 1 –w 3 –b Mac-DB15BD556843C820 –turbo 6300 and press Enter."" :

Code:
System information: Mac OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)
Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz"

Override value: (-x) XCPM mode, now set to: 1!

Error: Invalid argument detected: –w (check ssdtPRGen.sh -h)
Aborting ...
Done.

Why it do not recognize -w ?

2) I try to get sleeping mode. But computer wakes up automatically after 2 seconds. (Video works fine, but audio is not playback sounds (audio devices display correct... Sometimes PS/2 keyboard is not working after wake up. And also i use xmp profile and overclock processor on 42*100 , when i just start hackintosh my processor works only 3500 mghz - speedstep works fine. But after instant wake up processor work up to 4160 mghz speedstep works fine, but with wrong voltages. What's wrong in my config, can you tell?) Hope thast is gone, when i get DSDT file with ssdtPRGen.sh and edit it.

3) Should i delete nullcpupowermanagment.kext for speedstep working (now it works fine)?
This is my kexts:
ECN-C_LneJA.jpg

Thank you!

Are you Russian? I love Russia!

Okay, which motherboard are you using? If it's Rampage V Extreme state which BIOS version as well. It's very strange because I've never seen "-w" been rejected before?!

This was my outcome:

Last login: Wed Jun 1 20:09:03 on ttys000
Hanss-Mac-Pro:~ hansherchenroder$ /Users/hansherchenroder/Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh-Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh -x 1 -w 3 -b Mac-DB15BD556843C820 -turbo 6300

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
v18.3 Copyright (c) 2013-2016 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)
Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz"

Override value: (-x) XCPM mode, now set to: 1!
Override value: (-w) Ivy Bridge workarounds, now set to: 3!
Override value: (-b) board-id, now using: Mac-DB15BD556843C820!
Override value: (-turbo) maximum (turbo) frequency, now using: 6300 MHz!

Notice: Downloading extractACPITables.zip ...
Notice: Downloading Sandy Bridge.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Ivy Bridge.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Haswell.cfg ...
Version: models.cfg v160 / Sandy Bridge.cfg v150

Notice: Downloading Restrictions.cfg ...
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-DB15BD556843C820]
Haswell Core i7-5930K processor [0x306F2] setup [0x0507]
With a maximum TDP of 140 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 12 (Core Frequency: 3500 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 28 (3600-6300 MHz)
Number of P-States: 52 (1200-6300 MHz)
Injected C-States for CP00 (C1,C3,C6,C7)
Injected C-States for CP01 (C1,C2,C3)
Warning: 'system-type' may be set improperly (1 instead of 2)
Notice: Downloading iasl.zip ...

Compiling: ssdt_pr.dsl
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov 6 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

ASL Input: /Users/hansherchenroder/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl - 402 lines, 12893 bytes, 98 keywords
AML Output: /Users/hansherchenroder/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml - 3102 bytes, 40 named objects, 58 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Do you want to copy /Users/hansherchenroder/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)? n
Do you want to open ssdt.dsl (y/n)? y
Hanss-Mac-Pro:~ hansherchenroder$

After OS X wakes, open the Console app and type "wake reason". What does it report?

Audio, in other words the AppleHDA.kext should be installed and replace the one present in /System/Library/Extensions/ and not in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. Having both kexts result in conflict.

Concerning PS/2 devices, I can't really help here. I don't own any PS/2 device. Despite seeing that VoodooPS2Controller.kext is present in your folder, I would like to recommend to have a look about RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller from these links.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

And after having been enlightened about how it works and how to install and use it, get to the link below to download the latest kext: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads and install it and report back if this has brought new changes.

Concerning the frequencies of you processor, don't worry these are the expected behaviors. It reproduces same results on my end including the higher frequencies after wake. It is because of the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. This kext is good on all levels except for reading and enabling the turbo boost frequencies. It doesn't have to do with the DSDT. In fact in my guide I've stated to generate the SSDT with the "-x 1" flag so as to once for all enable the xcpm might you need it one day and spare people to generate a new SSDT again.

I'm a die hard of ecology and of energy saver features that's why I don't mind using NullCPU and I shall say it's not bad at all and more stable though!! But if you really want to squeeze the power out of the CPU, then remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ and enable -xcpm in Clover boot arguments you should reach the desired frequencies. Concerning the wrong voltages, it is normal as far as I know. Using XCPM doesn't report the right voltages value. That's some of the trade off that makes me uses NullCPUPowerMangement.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hans, yes, I'm russian) :wave:

*I am afraid that we can't solve "rejected -w" (what version of ssdtPRGen.sh you use? Have you alternate method to get and edit DSDT?)

**Yes, I have same config as yours. My bios version is 3101 (in windows all works fine)

***PS/2 problem is gone.

****I in village now (on weekend). When I back, I will try to delete one of audio kext (in library), and try to understand wake reason. :rolleyes: Thank you! :)

Last edited:
:wave:

For right now, I can understand that sleep won't work, you are not using a custom DSDT yet. Sometimes later we will get to there.

Yes there is another way to generate the DSDT by booting with only the "Fake LPC" DSDT mask enabled (that's on the bootloader menu) and in OS X when open the MaciASL app it will generate the DSDT instantly. However, for right now, I don't see this a solution because it won't generate the SSDTs' as well and you will ultimately need these. We must find a way to fix this "-w" from being rejected.

Secondly, DO NOT USE BIOS 3101!! I am actually investigating this version and have not updated my guide about this until I find some clarifications. BIOS 3101, according to my observations, does not read the frequencies and constantly runs at highest frequency excluding turbo boost. BIOS 2101 is the latest BIOS version that you should use with ssdtPRGen.sh to generate the DSDT and SSDTs'. Don't do any DSDT edits for now as we won't use the DSDT from BIOS 2101. Afterwards, move the ssdtPRGen.sh folder present in /Users/yourusername/library/ to your desktop and then you can upgrade to BIOS 3009 and run the ssdtPRGen.sh again as with every BIOS upgrade it is recommended to use generate a new DSDT. After having edited the DSDT generated from BIOS 3009 use it along with the SSDTs' generated from BIOS 2101 and put them in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

How did you fix your PS/2 problem?

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks for your guide :)

I'm trying to solve my restart on shutdown issues with my Samsung 950 Pro. I found the location for it using IORegistryExplorer but I cant seem to get Clover to generate an DSDT by pressing F4 upon boot. I have nothing to edit..

Any thoughts? Im on a Skylake 6700K Gigabyte Z170 WIFI mobo.

Hans. I get kernell panic on boot by
appleintelcpupowermanagment driver error after deleting dublicates from library\extensions.
USB clover starts only from install partition. I can not start my hackintosh now :( I placed back deleted kexts in Windows hfs+ , but hackintosh wont start. Kernel panic Always happens ... I don't know what steps to do... ;(

Last edited:
Hans. I get kernell panic on boot by
appleintelcpupowermanagment driver error after deleting dublicates from library\extensions.
USB clover starts only from install partition. I can not start my hackintosh now :( I placed back deleted kexts in Windows hfs+ , but hackintosh wont start. Kernel panic Always happens ... I don't know what steps to do... ;(

lol...don't ever do this!! In fact, this is the very last thing one would want to do with MacOS. You should read carefully, I have never said to delete the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. What I said was, of course, to make a backup of AppleHDA.kext then replace only the AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ , that's all. Take that as the most important rule, never ever again delete or mess up with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention; With XCPM it is normal to get kernel panic if you are using the wrong FakeCPUID. With XCPM you should either use the original CPUID or 0x0306A0 is acceptable. Try this and get back.

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks for your guide :)

I'm trying to solve my restart on shutdown issues with my Samsung 950 Pro. I found the location for it using IORegistryExplorer but I cant seem to get Clover to generate an DSDT by pressing F4 upon boot. I have nothing to edit..

Any thoughts? Im on a Skylake 6700K Gigabyte Z170 WIFI mobo.

Hello DroneFriend, you are welcomed. :wave:

Clover will dump all the files in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin/. After booting in OS X, open the aforementioned directory, they should be there. Are you not using PikerAlpha's tool instead?

Off course i am not! I just delete nullcpupowermanagment.kext for test.
Now i am place it back. But system starts after your advice do real cpu id, thanks!
And else: I delete everything in the "caches" folder after all manipulations. Now system works faster.

There is what I find in console.app about instant wake up (audio works fine!):

Code:
06.06.16 9:56:01,000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: ?
06.06.16 9:56:14,000 kernel[0]: full wake promotion (reason 1) 4248 ms
06.06.16 9:56:14,631 WindowServer[230]: CGXDisplayDidWakeNotification [2196716131546]: posting kCGSDisplayDidWake
06.06.16 9:56:16,051 TeamViewer_Service[56]: DisplayWakeup

I have question about generating dsdl:
I must have dsdl-1 for sleeping, dsdl-2 for hdmi audio, dsdl-3 for NVMe with sleep fix. How i should use 3 dsdl's in clover together?

Now all works fine (even imessage), but I need:
1. Fix sleeping
2. Now works only usb 2.0, when I will generate dsdl I hope it will work (all usb 3 and all usb 2 ports. One time i setup all ports working, but MIDI protocol not work, can you check MIDI on your usb-s?)
3. HDMI Audio
On this week I will get dsdl and edit it.
Now I experiment with deleting duplicates of kexts (ps/2 problem gone after update or deleting conflicted kexts before, I thing)
4. Need test handoff

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Off course i am not! I just delete nullcpupowermanagment.kext for test.
Now i am place it back. But system starts after your advice do real cpu id, thanks!
And else: I delete everything in the "caches" folder after all manipulations. Now system works faster.

There is what I find in console.app about instant wake up (audio works fine!):

Code:
06.06.16 9:56:01,000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: ?
06.06.16 9:56:14,000 kernel[0]: full wake promotion (reason 1) 4248 ms
06.06.16 9:56:14,631 WindowServer[230]: CGXDisplayDidWakeNotification [2196716131546]: posting kCGSDisplayDidWake
06.06.16 9:56:16,051 TeamViewer_Service[56]: DisplayWakeup

On this week I will get dsdl and edit it.
Now I experiment with deleting duplicates of kexts (ps/2 problem gone after update or deleting conflicted kexts before, I thing)

:thumbup:

That's great!! :headbang:

Moreover, you can try using FakeCPUID 0x0306A0 to represent Intel Xeon's CPUs'.
Which method did you use to enable hardware acceleration for your graphics?
The wake reason displayed by the console is not precise; there is no exact event cause. Are you using the "XHCI-x99-injector.kext" ?
Have you tried using the ssdtPRGen.sh under BIOS 2101?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back