Graphics
ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Vapor-X
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I'm trying to install OS X 10.11 El Capitan on Fusion Drive but now i can't get it to boot and I'm not sure what did i not do and need some assistance.

Basically i was holding out on upgrading my current OS from OS X 10.10 to 10.11 but i've tried doing a fresh install on a separate drive and it works perfectly.

right now i've backed up my working 10.10 to a separate drive and I've fused a 250gb ssd and a 3 td hhd to create a fusion drive and i have clone the fresh install of working OS X 10.11 to the fusion drive but now I'm not exactly sure what i should do next because the fusion drive can't boot on it's own.

i've tried booting into my fusion drive using my fresh install and installing multibeast / clover but it doesn't seem to work.
copying the ufi files from the fresh install to both the efi partition in the ssd and the hdd drive of the fusion drive doesn't seem to work as well.

correct me if I'm wrong but i do know that i have to get the boot loader into the fusion drive efi partition but I'm not exactly sure how do it or where i should get it from.

here is my diskutil list:
please help! thank you.

also here is the configuration of my system:
Motherboard: gigabyte p55a-ud4p
Cpu: intel i7 860
Graphics: ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Vapor-X
RAM: 2 x 8GB 1600 mhz
Fusion drive: 250 ssd + 3tb hdd

No, Clover Configurator doesn't copy files.

I haven't used a Fusion drive myself, so I'm a little reluctant to try to tell you what you should do, but if it involves copying files between EFI partitions you should do that with Finder or Terminal.

Any luck getting this resolved? I'm interested in doing a Fusion Drive myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back