Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Security update 2016 03 beta is out includes;-
AppleGraphicsControl

Interesting, applied Beta security update and found once again current Nvidia Driver stopped working. Applied Nvidia Beta Driver 346.03.15b01.pkg and all working again.

Think I will leave 346.03.15b01.pkg permantly installed.

still noone ?

I found this forum post only after i epically messed up. In July, I haphazardly updated my OS like you would with any mac product. After the restart of the update, I have yet to bypass the loading apple logo. I've tried with editing my boot arguments from nvda_drv=1 to nv_disable=1, to no success. I've attempted to boot in safe mode and verbose mode and not much success either. I was able to capture text from booting in verbose mode.
I've been at a standstill for over 3 months and can't seem to get my system back. Can someone help me with trying to figure this out? I've posted to sooo many thread and either my question has been generally ignored. If you might not know, can you point me where i can find out more.

*No, i did not back up my clover configuration."
*No, my system is not backed up*

Attachments

• IMG_2790.JPG
    IMG_2790.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_2789.JPG
    IMG_2789.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2788.JPG
    IMG_2788.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 269
I found this forum post only after i epically messed up. In July, I haphazardly updated my OS like you would with any mac product. After the restart of the update, I have yet to bypass the loading apple logo. I've tried with editing my boot arguments from nvda_drv=1 to nv_disable=1, to no success. I've attempted to boot in safe mode and verbose mode and not much success either. I was able to capture text from booting in verbose mode.
I've been at a standstill for over 3 months and can't seem to get my system back. Can someone help me with trying to figure this out? I've posted to sooo many thread and either my question has been generally ignored. If you might not know, can you point me where i can find out more.

*No, i did not back up my clover configuration."
*No, my system is not backed up*

ATHR: unknown locale: 14 is caused by WIFI and won't cause hangs at boot. Attach config from EFI partition.

ATHR: unknown locale: 14 is caused by WIFI and won't cause hangs at boot. Attach config from EFI partition.

My system gets stuck in a never ending looping for producing this message:

Sandbox: authd(151) deny(1) process-info-pidinfo

How would i go about attaching the config from EFI partition from clover boot loader.
Sorry, i'm on the novice side.

My system gets stuck in a never ending looping for producing this message:

Sandbox: authd(151) deny(1) process-info-pidinfo

How would i go about attaching the config from EFI partition from clover boot loader.
Sorry, i'm on the novice side.

Not quite sure. Might be better to do a clean install.

I'm using Enoch, not Clover since Clover never worked with my setup.

Updated from 10.11.3 to 10.11.6 with Comco Update. I backed up my /Extras and in /S/L/E the following kext´s:

"AppleGraphicsPowerManagement" ,
"AppleHDADisabler"
"VoodooHDA"
"IOUSBHostFamily"
"IOUSBFamily"

Replaced the Kernel for 10.11.6 in /S/L/Kernels with the one provided by user VoiletDragon here .
Put the KEXT's back in place with Kext Utility and repaired permissions before booting.

All works fine ...BUT... no USB. :banghead:
So obviously putting the old USB-Kext's in place was a mistake as it seems. I have USB-support only when I boot -f in Enoch.

Any ideas? I have no backups of the original 10.11.6-kext's I have replaced with the ones from my backup.

I'm using Enoch, not Clover since Clover never worked with my setup.

Updated from 10.11.3 to 10.11.6 with Comco Update. I backed up my /Extras and in /S/L/E the following kext´s:

"AppleGraphicsPowerManagement" ,
"AppleHDADisabler"
"VoodooHDA"
"IOUSBHostFamily"
"IOUSBFamily"

Replaced the Kernel for 10.11.6 in /S/L/Kernels with the one provided by user VoiletDragon here .
Put the KEXT's back in place with Kext Utility and repaired permissions before booting.

All works fine ...BUT... no USB. :banghead:
So obviously putting the old USB-Kext's in place was a mistake as it seems. I have USB-support only when I boot -f in Enoch.

Any ideas? I have no backups of the original 10.11.6-kext's I have replaced with the ones from my backup.
No support for Enoch here, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back