Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that's what I thought, but when I saw the "May date" I thought perhaps that was an older version and not version OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31)- this is the version I want to keep on my install USB as I don't want to bother updating their last release with all the issues I've seen - I'll just wait and leap into Sierra at a later date.

View attachment 211628

I downloaded El Capitan from App Store two days ago with my Snow Leopard iMac, but the result installing on my first hack, is Version 10.11.6 (15G1010).
And I can't find Nvidia web drivers for it as mentioned below!! I'm afraid to update to any of the security or other updates as I do not want to upgrade to Safari 10 or anything new from Apple. If I could I would install Safari 5.10 with rss feeds!! And the old Mail app, 100 times better with a couple of plugins, than the one I found here on 11.6 or on Yosemite or Sierra!

Quoting:
mroczek8190 said:
Hi, guys. Can you tell how can i install nvidia web driver for el Capitan 10.11.6. I have this message:
Version 10.11.6 (15G1010) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

i have GTX 950 Evga
Pls. Help

I downloaded El Capitan from App Store two days ago with my Snow Leopard iMac, but the result installing on my first hack, is Version 10.11.6 (15G1010).
And I can't find Nvidia web drivers for it as mentioned below!! I'm afraid to update to any of the security or other updates as I do not want to upgrade to Safari 10 or anything new from Apple. If I could I would install Safari 5.10 with rss feeds!! And the old Mail app, 100 times better with a couple of plugins, than the one I found here on 11.6 or on Yosemite or Sierra!

Quoting:
mroczek8190 said:
Hi, guys. Can you tell how can i install nvidia web driver for el Capitan 10.11.6. I have this message:
Version 10.11.6 (15G1010) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

i have GTX 950 Evga
Pls. Help

Yes I have a GTX 950 Gigabit card and OSX 10.11.6 on Mac Pro 5,1.

You MUST install Nvidia CUDA first which will install a control panel in System Preferences..

Nividia website drivers here http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 6.16.00 AM.png

Note the original driver works with ALL security updates 346.03.15f01. So install that one first.

It is also a good idea to have a original Mac card like a GT120 also installed so you can select Web Driver from Nvidia Menu on Desktop Menu and startup login screen. GT120 in lower SLOT 1 and GTX950 in Slot 2

Last edited:
Yes I have a GTX 950 Gigabit card and OSX 10.11.6 on Mac Pro 5,1.

You MUST install Nvidia CUDA first which will install a control panel in System Preferences..

Nividia website drivers here http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

View attachment 281232
Note the original driver works with ALL security updates 346.03.15f01. So install that one first.

It is also a good idea to have a original Mac card like a GT120 also installed so you can select Web Driver from Nvidia Menu on Desktop Menu and startup login screen. GT120 in lower SLOT 1 and GTX950 in Slot 2

Thanks PCR!
I didn't know that looking for web drivers I had to look for Quadro Series..
But should I consider the ...f08 that is for 0.11.6 build 15G10? Mine is 0.11.6 (15G1010).

At the same time I've been able to install an old beta thanks to this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/which-web-driver-do-i-use-for-my-build.212684/#post-1590656. But still some problems to check. And if I check inside Nvidia panel it says up to date drivers...
The strange thing is that right now the Control panel recognize the 970 but now I'm using the on board HD530 and if I restart same Bios but with Pcie 1 slot enabled, it doesn't recognize it... So what should I change to make it work and use acceleration and 4GB vram?... I'll make some more tries.

Installed security update 2018-003

No problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back