Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Many security updates (many open source) are included, plus some other stuff that might be important to some:

Security:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206903

Safari 9.2
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206900

Other:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206770

I manage a dev team for an enterprise product line. Customer's call and report real issues that they expect fixes for in a timely manner. And, with open source that is embedded in your products, you have an obligation to provide security fixes. I'm sure the dev team at Apple would rather be working on Sierra and making the company $$$ than putting out changes for El Capitan that could, in turn, raise other issues. It's a necessary, but vicious cycle for those that work in the software business, trust me! The security patches are worth the effort to stay current unless your PC is disconnected and offline all the time (not likely).
For your case it may be so, but for a home user doubt that is very useful

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Instructions say to update Clover version after the install. Last time (for 10.11.5), my system broke because I didn't update to newest Clover and update the OsxAptioFixDrv file. Do I need to do anything like that this time? Or can I just proceed like everyone else?

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Xeon Sandy Bridge
Graphics
ATI HD7770
Stuck at Apple logo with ATI HD7770 (HIS) after updating from app store last night from 10.11.5.

Here is how I fixed:

In clover boot options
Injected ATI with a Bogus Card ID: 0x638D1002 (this is a bogus number, but it worked for my card)
Boot, but no Graphic Acceleration.
At the command line:
cp /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist ~/Desktop
with text editor, opened the Info.plist copied to thed desktop, searched for "CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating=0" and changed to "CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating=1" and saved my changes.
At command line :
sudo cp ~/Desktop/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot without injecting the bogus card ID .... Success and full acceleration.

PS I had the same issue when I first installed 10.11.5 last month.

Motherboard
HP 250 G6 (Clover)
CPU
i3-6006U
Graphics
HD 520, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Fresh install of 10.11.6 works perfect here... way faster than yosemite.
I'm on r9 380 so i need the igpu on boot option enabled.
iMessage and all work okay. except for connecting up to 3 monitors. theres a ghost monitor in the monitor preferences pane.
i currently have 2 monitors hooked up.
probably video adapter related.
Same problem here
tryed to update the Nvidia web driver without solving the problem
Any suggestion?
Other problem with the update: very often the sistem won't reboot nor switch off. Tryed to update Clover but problem still remain

Motherboard
H97m-D3h
CPU
i7 4790s
Graphics
R9 380 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same problem here
tryed to update the Nvidia web driver without solving the problem
Any suggestion?
Other problem with the update: very often the sistem won't reboot nor switch off. Tryed to update Clover but problem still remain
I'm no expert but when it comes to sleep and booting, i have no issues. i do know that my config plist is excellently setup... as i leave the pc running for days with no problems.
also check your bios settings.

Motherboard
H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
Radeon R9 270
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just updated from App Store and apparently all went well. Using Gigabyte H97N-wifi + i5 4690k + Radeon R9 270. I'll post again if I run into any problem.

Motherboard
Fatalyt1 h97
CPU
i7
Graphics
gt630
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Can I do a downgrade from 10.11.6 to 10.11.5??? After the upgrade to 10.11.6, my card reader don't work with USB stick 3.0.

Motherboard
ASUS B85M-G
CPU
i5 4440
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've been running OSX on my system since 10.7.x up to 10.11.5 fairly flawlessly. My setup was a GA-Z68XP-UD4, i5 2500k, 16GB of DDR3 ram and a Corsair 120GB SSD. Recently I ran the update as usual, updated to 10.11.6 and everytime it woke up from sleep, it would work for maybe 20sec, lock up and reboot. Once rebooted it would work fine. I sometimes would bounce between using a Asus GeForce 610 graphice or the Intel HD 3000, but either caused the same issue. I decided to try and do a fresh install, no dice. I think maybe my hardware has just aged too much for where OSX is going... I had a server with a Asus B85M-G, i5 4440, 8GB DDR 3, so i swapped the hardware around and I must say it installed quite flawlessly on the new setup, sleep works great, only thing I'll have to do is double up on the ram.

Motherboard
DH61WW
CPU
DH61WW, INTEL Core I3 Processor 3.20GHZ(3210)
Graphics
ASUS GeForce® 210
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am getting following problem after upgrading to el capitan from Yosemite
elcapitan.png

Status
Not open for further replies.