Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here
tryed to update the Nvidia web driver without solving the problem
Any suggestion?
Other problem with the update: very often the sistem won't reboot nor switch off. Tryed to update Clover but problem still remain
I'm no expert but when it comes to sleep and booting, i have no issues. i do know that my config plist is excellently setup... as i leave the pc running for days with no problems.
also check your bios settings.

Just updated from App Store and apparently all went well. Using Gigabyte H97N-wifi + i5 4690k + Radeon R9 270. I'll post again if I run into any problem.

Can I do a downgrade from 10.11.6 to 10.11.5??? After the upgrade to 10.11.6, my card reader don't work with USB stick 3.0.

So I've been running OSX on my system since 10.7.x up to 10.11.5 fairly flawlessly. My setup was a GA-Z68XP-UD4, i5 2500k, 16GB of DDR3 ram and a Corsair 120GB SSD. Recently I ran the update as usual, updated to 10.11.6 and everytime it woke up from sleep, it would work for maybe 20sec, lock up and reboot. Once rebooted it would work fine. I sometimes would bounce between using a Asus GeForce 610 graphice or the Intel HD 3000, but either caused the same issue. I decided to try and do a fresh install, no dice. I think maybe my hardware has just aged too much for where OSX is going... I had a server with a Asus B85M-G, i5 4440, 8GB DDR 3, so i swapped the hardware around and I must say it installed quite flawlessly on the new setup, sleep works great, only thing I'll have to do is double up on the ram.

I am getting following problem after upgrading to el capitan from Yosemite
elcapitan.png

The security update disabled my graphics, too. But I have an AMD R9 290. It worked fine with custom kext files but it don't get detected after the update. Re-install the kext files did not do much. Any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back