Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used CCC, installed clover and booted to backup drive
Installed 10.11.6 update from app store (from .5)
rebooted, web driver needed to be updated from nvidia, a minute after boot the nvidia update saw a new version and updated. after reboot everything is working perfect!

Fresh install of 10.11.6 works perfect here... way faster than yosemite.
I'm on r9 380 so i need the igpu on boot option enabled.
iMessage and all work okay. except for connecting up to 3 monitors. theres a ghost monitor in the monitor preferences pane.
i currently have 2 monitors hooked up.
probably video adapter related.

I updated via the app store. Had to run the alc110 script again and update my nvidia graphics drivers. All is good!

Updated from App Store and now i can't login in the app store with my credentials....

It forced me to change my login credentials for some new two factor security thing when I first logged in.

Many security updates (many open source) are included, plus some other stuff that might be important to some:

Security:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206903

Safari 9.2
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206900

Other:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206770

I manage a dev team for an enterprise product line. Customer's call and report real issues that they expect fixes for in a timely manner. And, with open source that is embedded in your products, you have an obligation to provide security fixes. I'm sure the dev team at Apple would rather be working on Sierra and making the company $$$ than putting out changes for El Capitan that could, in turn, raise other issues. It's a necessary, but vicious cycle for those that work in the software business, trust me! The security patches are worth the effort to stay current unless your PC is disconnected and offline all the time (not likely).
For your case it may be so, but for a home user doubt that is very useful

Instructions say to update Clover version after the install. Last time (for 10.11.5), my system broke because I didn't update to newest Clover and update the OsxAptioFixDrv file. Do I need to do anything like that this time? Or can I just proceed like everyone else?

Stuck at Apple logo with ATI HD7770 (HIS) after updating from app store last night from 10.11.5.

Here is how I fixed:

In clover boot options
Injected ATI with a Bogus Card ID: 0x638D1002 (this is a bogus number, but it worked for my card)
Boot, but no Graphic Acceleration.
At the command line:
cp /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist ~/Desktop
with text editor, opened the Info.plist copied to thed desktop, searched for "CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating=0" and changed to "CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating=1" and saved my changes.
At command line :
sudo cp ~/Desktop/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot without injecting the bogus card ID .... Success and full acceleration.

PS I had the same issue when I first installed 10.11.5 last month.

Fresh install of 10.11.6 works perfect here... way faster than yosemite.
I'm on r9 380 so i need the igpu on boot option enabled.
iMessage and all work okay. except for connecting up to 3 monitors. theres a ghost monitor in the monitor preferences pane.
i currently have 2 monitors hooked up.
probably video adapter related.
Same problem here
tryed to update the Nvidia web driver without solving the problem
Any suggestion?
Other problem with the update: very often the sistem won't reboot nor switch off. Tryed to update Clover but problem still remain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back