Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone give me a hand, I'm at a loss as to how to fix this?

I've updated and now can no longer boot into the computer and my boot USB also is not able to.
Could someone explain the steps on how to fix this.. please would really aprisheate it.

Could someone give me a hand, I'm at a loss as to how to fix this?

I've updated and now can no longer boot into the computer and my boot USB also is not able to.
Could someone explain the steps on how to fix this.. please would really aprisheate it.

what HW you have, better fill your profile with your hw, much easier to help, what gives -v on boot ? can you remove vga to boot to reovery, for example i cant boot to recovery with my nv960 in, with onboard hd530, recovery boot is ok

what HW you have, better fill your profile with your hw, much easier to help, what gives -v on boot ? can you remove vga to boot to reovery, for example i cant boot to recovery with my nv960 in, with onboard hd530, recovery boot is ok

It's actually a buddy's computer he gave me to update - I know it's a gigabyte mobo in it. Was running fine last prior to update. But I'm at a loss since even the boot USB doesn't work. I work in IT and even have a dozen or so Mac's around me just don't deal with Hackintosh to much. Last time I touched one was like 4 years ago so any help would be appreciated.

You shouldn't generalize or assume this early that everyone else has or will have your issues and as a result for them not to update. I would recommend to wait for a few weeks and see what the overall feedback is if you are not comfortable with rolling back to previous updates. That said I have Microsoft Office installed on all my CustoMacs (Outlook and Lync running 24/7 on 2 of them) and I have yet to experience the issues you are mentioning. That goes for the TM as well.

I'm not generalizing anything, just sharing issues with the update..

Plain and simple...

Updated to latest Nvidia driver on a GTX 970 but still had to nv_disable=1 to boot :/

It's actually a buddy's computer he gave me to update - I know it's a gigabyte mobo in it. Was running fine last prior to update. But I'm at a loss since even the boot USB doesn't work. I work in IT and even have a dozen or so Mac's around me just don't deal with Hackintosh to much. Last time I touched one was like 4 years ago so any help would be appreciated.

Please post your CLOVER folder. Press F4 while booting.

Update OK using combo update. Had to replace bluetooth Kexts with those from yosemite but have always had to do this with capitan never been able to fix bluetooth any other way

Updating a NUC6i5 and NUC5i7 to 10.11.6 via the App Store worked fine for me, no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back