Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated no problem. This update fixes my wake up from deep sleep kernel panic and restart. I was going to update bios but decided to hold on. I was thinking of replacing board to an Asus as advice from the forum but I guess I will hold on my Gigabyte motherboard. Thanks Tonymac!

GA-G31M-ES2L + GTS250 + CLOVER - Update via "About this mac" + "Software update" took place normally. No issues! Success!
If you are using Voodoo HDA kext, it is necessary to remove AppleHDA.kext from SLE to keep sound working after update.

Hello All

I just thought I'd mention my experience doing the upgrade.

Ran the update yesterday as per the non Maxwell instructions. I have the lowly GT740 which I believe to be non Maxwell. Rebooted & nothing, wouldn't boot. went back & entered the NV Disable command & booted OK, Downloaded & installed the latest Nvidia web driver, rebooted & all is great.

Only problem I have now is having to re log into iCloud every time I re start (no iMessage or FT either) but thats another story.

Anyway thank you for the guides.

Cheers....

Updated from 10.11.1 to 10.11.5 with downloaded Combo-Update.
No Problems! :thumbup:

Updated without issues :thumbup:

Worked fine for me with combo update
Nvidia GTX 650 Ti
I7-4771
16Gbytes
GA-Z87X-HD3

Updated from 10.11.1 to .5 via Software update, only had to reload ALC889 kext.

worked OK from app store, just had to reapply the wireless bcm94352 handoff patch after updating. yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back