Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had problems with updating OS X in the past. Last time, it reset my mach_kernel back to its factory form and I had to replace it via a linux OS (since I have a Haswell processor, I have to). Is there any way to update ensuring that important system files, like mach_kernel, don't become overwritten.

I'm also aware that clover stores kexts to use (that don't get overwritten in updates), but there's no way to do that with kernels.

Updated easily through App Store. Did cause issues moving from 10.11.4 to 10.11.5 and iMessage. My S/N and System-ID reset to new values. Used CloverConfigurator and iMessageDebugV2 to get iMessage working post-update.

After reading all the success stories, I made the ill-advised decision to update remotely. I was troubleshooting my AFP share issue and was hoping the update would help. 30 minutes later I don't have access to the box, so I think maybe that idea wasn't the best. Luckily there are only 6 days until I get home. I guess I won't be watching media through Plex between now and then.

I just completed the update from 10.11.4 to 10.11.5 on Z170a-UD5/6700K/GTX960 using System Definition 17.1.

I also had trouble with the Nvidia update, and was getting black screen (responsive) at boot.

With 10.11.4, I had previously successfully resolved the System Definition 17.1 issue discussed in the below post "Problem 4" by using Method 1:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

It seems as thought that method may need to be updated as it no longer worked for 10.11.5. I was back to getting the responsive black screens after the apple logo/hourglass got about half full.

So I tried Method 2, which uses the AGDPfix.app that is provided in the below post and it worked perfectly:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

I am back up and running....2 hours later. Hope this helps somebody save some time!

Updated via AppStore,:O... fortunately, everything went fine. Rebooted and finished installing by itself :clap:
After 1st boot, Nvidia Update popped up and install fine.:thumbup:
Rebooted and now I am in OS X 10.11.5, nothing broke within my account. iMessage and FaceTime even NearLock is working perfectly!!! :headbang:

Uploaded via the system update but sleep is not working anymore. Pressing sleep turns off the displays but the fans keep spinning. Do you have any ideas ? What files could help you from me to help me debug this?

i updated from yosemite to 10.11.4 without any problems, but then ran the 10.11.5 update and it's bombed to the point it panics straight away straight after the 'aptiofix2drv' line right at the beginning. I think Clover set me to 15,1 - i wonder if that could be causing it. Odd cause it worked fine with 10.11.4, unless my radeon 6870 is suddenly no longer compatible. I will try going back to IGFX to troubleshoot.

Nvidia Web drivers, Sound etc.. everything works as expected after the update for me: GA-Z170X-UD5 TH

seems the hotcorner not working after update! and Java GUI also break down(can not click any text UI element), anyone has the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back