Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the combo update which for the first time installed perfectly without any problems, not even audio, thanks for updating us, i like how its getting easier and easier day by day to hackintosh.

Updated through App Store. Everything went smoothly. My audio is through a USB audio interface which has made life insanely simple (along with 3rd party PCIe USB 3 interface). Everything just works.

I have Z97-HD3 and i7-4790K

I also had the OsxAptioFixDrv error: "requested memory exceeds our allocated..."

I could only boot in safe mode (-x) and so could not mount the EFI partition to change
OsxAptioFixDrv for OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi

Hey Frankenstang, thanks for the info. I have this same problem, but I don't have a USB that works (and I keep trying to make one in Safe Mode, but it won't finish). I have a Windows drive, but it's not on the same physical drive as my OS X. How would I go about adding files to my EFI if I am in Windows? I don't think my OS X drive shows up when I'm in Windows...

It seems that my post in this Thread about needing help with getting NVRAM was moved or deleted... It was on Page 20, originally, but seems to be gone, now.

My post was in response to Hans88 who's post was on Page 7 but now is on Page 6...

Is this the post you're referring to?

I updated my PovoMac from 10.11.3 to 10.11.4 via the comob update and now can't do a normal boot via Clover.

I've tried to boot with flags -v and with -v - UseKernelCache=No but I keep getting stuck at the same following screen. Based upon the error messages I'm getting in the photo below, I'd have thought using UseKernelCache=No would allow me to boot and then run Multibeast. I also have kext-dev-mode=1 set as a default boot flag in my Clover config.

I can boot into Recovery Mode Partition via Clover, so I'm guessing I can also get into Single User mode too.

IMG_8661.jpg

The machine specs are... GA-B75N - Pentium G2020 - GeForce GT 610

EDIT:

Issue fixed by following the advice in http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/187001-os-x-10-11-4-update-4.html#post1223358

I have recreated bootable USB. and I tried to install.
But after copy files, computer doesn't boot.
If I enter as safe mode, then it boots, but display is not proper.
Please fix this issue asap.
Regards.

My first attempted update via the App Store borked (sic) my build (it wouldn't boot past the Apple logo). So I re-cloned my boot drive from a 'Carbon Copy Cloner' backup* and tried again later.

The second update went smoothly, when following the directions below.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.

Thank you Headkaze, this helped immensely!

My build:
GA-Z87X-UD5H
i7-4770k (no graphics card, Realtek ALC898 Audio)
Clover, El Capitan

* I highly recommend 'Carbon Copy Cloner' ("CCC") backup software. Easy to use, and you can boot from the cloned backups. When the update borked my boot drive, I simply booted into the identical cloned backup drive and re-cloned the boot drive as I continued working where I left off a few minutes earlier.

FWIW My boot drive is a 250GB SSD. CCC makes four staggered backups to a 1TB HD with four partitions. As mentioned, each backup is bootable. The first backup is done daily; the second, once a week; the third once a month; and the fourth is done manually and is typically the last stable build before a new system update. [I also make another manual backup on a separate drive, just in case].

I also use CCC to make targeted backups, e.g. "safety" backups of photo albums (it keeps a separate folder of deleted files/changes, reducing the risk of me permanently deleting or misplacing something on accident), synchronizing folders to/from Dropbox, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back