Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried 2 different Clover settings:

1) Optio Fix2 driver with SIP set to 0x3
2) Original Optio driver with SIP set to 0x67

#1 worked but would fail to boot randomly. Disabling SIP with 0x67 in #2 seems to be the most stable and boots all the time.

Thanks so much for the recap I just started using a new nivida card and forget to disable it before I reboot into the update.
Ive been trying the update a few weeks with no luck .
thanks the recap
:headbang:
Just here to report:
Updated via the app store, everything went smoothly. Everything seems to be working.

My Build:
GA-Z97x-SLI
i7 4790 4.0 GHz
ASUS STRIX GTX980

Steps:
1: Updated multibeast
2: downloaded web drivers
3: installed 11.4 and reboot with nv_disable=1
4: installed new web drivers
5: rebooted again.

I have Z97-HD3 and i7-4790K

I also had the OsxAptioFixDrv error: "requested memory exceeds our allocated..."

I could only boot in safe mode (-x) and so could not mount the EFI partition to change
OsxAptioFixDrv for OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi This is because the FAT32 support is not available in safe mode. So the whole problem is we are using EFI, which is windows-based, to bootstrap up our UNIX-based OS.

I know this is pretty common info, but I had to dig around to piece together all the steps, so I will try to list here:

I don't have a dual boot installation with windows or Linux. Both of those I run as virtual machines in Parallels. If you have a dual boot, you could boot into the other OS and fix this from there. This was an update, not fresh install, so I didn't bother making a new installation USB. So I booted using my old elCapitan installation USB to get to the terminal utility.

From there I could mount the EFI partition and copy the
OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi from my downloads to my EFI mount. The steps below are basically what CloverConfigurator or EFI Mounter do. Both fail silently when you have this issue BTW. I always use the terminal, but gave them a try in my desperation.

diskutil list -->get your efi device number, probably disk0s1

make a mount point for the EFI partition
mkdir /Volumes/efi

mount the partition
mount -t msdos /dev/"device number" /Volumes/efi
there is no sudo in the terminal!

in safe mode I had already downloaded the Fix2. Now just copy it to the partition.
cp /Volumes/“whereverYourUserDataIs”/Users/“whoeverYouAre”/Downloads/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi /Volumes/efi/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

get rid of the old version
rm /Volumes/efi/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

exit the terminal
reboot
all is good
Sound, trim etc worked without mods.

Things have gone absolutely crazy on my machine, built on a Gigabyte X99 UD4. I just can't boot into the GUI, no matter what boot flags I try. Please see the attached panic screenshot.

Is there any way past this?

Getting same panic. Any way getting pass this?

Installed update without a hitch. @cumik2 repair disk permissions is no longer necessary for El Capitan.

· Nexus Midi Prominent 9 tower
· OCZ ModXStream 600 W modular PSU

· Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard,
[FONT=&amp]o [/FONT]Intel HD Graphics support

[FONT=&amp]o [/FONT]Z87 chipset

[FONT=&amp]o [/FONT]Realtek ALC898 audio

[FONT=&amp]o [/FONT]Intel GbE LAN

[FONT=&amp]o [/FONT]Marvell 88SE9172

[FONT=&amp]o [/FONT]Renesas uPD720210 USB3.0 hubs

· Intel i7 4770S quad core CPU with hyperhreading (Haswell)

· Gelid Tranquillo Cooler

· Kingston KHX16C10B1K2/16x 2x8GB memory

· Gigabyte GTX 650 TI Video card

· Samsung 840 EVO250 GB SSD

· Seagate Barracuda 3TB SATA HDD

· Samsung SH-22aAB DVD-Writer

· CanoScan Lide 220 scanner

· Dell U2414H (2x)

· SMSL SA-98E amp + SD-1955+ DAC

Updated a couple week ago, had the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi problem, luckily had another install on another drive, fised this, updated Nvidia Kext.

Everything has worked well since.

Sleep seems to be improved and I am now not losing system sounds after a couple hours.

10.11.4 is the best El Capitan has been for me.

Well, I read the whole thread and noticed plenty of Sandy Bridge and HD 6xxx owners experiencing problems, so I was admittedly a bit hesistant.

MB: AsRock Z77 OC Formula (UEFI)
CPU: i7-2600K
GPU: XFX AMD HD6870 2GB

Upgraded Clover to 3389 first, cloned my drive and went ahead with an App Store update.

Update was fairly smooth, the only hiccup also happened with 10.11.3 - once the update reboots, I'm met with a black screen with white mouse cursor, where I blind type my password (although thinking about it, maybe just pressing the return key might work? something to try next time), then the update proceeds and I end up at the regular login screen.

Success!

I've got 10.11.4 up and running with my build. ECS H61H2-MV, i7-3770, Radeon HD7770.

Everything is working great so far, although I haven't tested sleep yet. I had the same AMD card no-display-on-wake problem in 10.11.3 that a lot of other people were having. I've seen a couple of reports that this update has resolved that issue but nothing conclusive. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: forgot to mention that I'm booting with Chameleon (Enoch).

All rigs working. All of them legacy installs with Clover. Just great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back