Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

My Hackintosh MSI X99 sli plus i7 5820k work fine.

Use this manual :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/185640-some-problems-msi-x99a-sli-plus-10-11-3-a.html

and :

after update to 10.11.4 :
Use OsxAptioFix-Drv.efi

and

CsrActiveConfig=0x67 sets. It's in the RtVariable section of your config.plist. This will partially disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) when booting OS X El Capitan.

El Capitan 10.11.4 boot always succes

Thank you so much,:thumbup:
That works fine :headbang:

El Capitan 10.11.4 boot always succes
Thanks, It's booting successfully, I got 2 more issues, I lost the audio and after updating Nvidia web driver 346.03.06f01 (15E65) Display still with 7mb. I tried AGDPfix and the same result comes up.My GPU is Zotac gtx 980ti 6gb. Do you have any fix for that?

Nvidia inject must be unchecked

Updated via Combo update. No issues.

Hardware:
GA-H81M-D2V + Asus GeForce GTX 650 (NVIDIA Web Drivers).
Hello one question, what version of NVIDIA Web Drivers used for your GTX 650 ?, because I have the GTX 660 and I did not recognize any .
Hardware: GA-H97M-D3H + Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660

I use definition iMac 14.2

Hi all,

Had a black screen after update (both combo and trough App Store) from 10.11.3 to x.x.4.
My system: Gigabyte UD5 Wifi X99, Nvidia 750 GTX TI and 6-core processor
Due to the fact i have a x99 system i use Mac Pro 6-1 for smbios. Using this definition is known for causing black screens so here is how i fixed it:
0) !!Important!!! Make a backup of your entire system!!!! (I use carbon copy to clone entire hdd to external disk)
1) Uninstall current nvidia web drivers
2) update with combo download
3) start with nv_disable=1 in clover
4) install nvidia cuda package and web driver
5) Apply fix: (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html)
6) reboot system and you should be good to go

Hope this helps someone out there.

Sounds like the 10.11.4 update is not so Hacken-friendly. 10.11.3 is working fine for me and I think I'll stick with it for a while since it took me months to get to a completely stable build. That being said, I had problems with 10.11.3 that were only resolved by doing a complete install following tony's procedure. I mean, complete install. I carbon copied it to a secondary western digital drive and repartitioned my primary drive and wiped it clean. After doing the new install I was amazed that the Apple install configured all of my accounts and software from my carbon copied area. Not bad.

not sure I would recommend wiping your hard drive, but hey, if you have a backup you should have no problem. However, with all of the problems that I've read in this thread, best to stay with a working 10.11.3 version for now.

Cheers

Never mind my previous thread. I took my own advice, where I backed up my main hard drive and performed the update. The installed worked without a hitch. :lol:.

I have to admit that I did not intentionally install the update, but clicked it while updating other software.

I have done a clean install of 10.11.4 on my Dell Latitude E6420 with a Sandy Bridge i5 2520M CPU. I have everything working except that it will only boot with the cpus=1 argument. While it works it is not at all ideal. When I boot without that argument I get the attached kernel panic. I know of other people with the same laptop that are getting the same panic. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg
    766.8 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back