Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system sometimes could boot with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Now works with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and CsrActiveConfig=0x67.

I ran into the same issue.

I'd really like to find a way to go back to using CsrActiveConfig=0x3 with OsxApitoFixDrv-64.efi. However, you might be able to get away with just CsrActiveConfig=0x43 (just UNTRUSTED_KEXTS, UNRESTRICTED_FS, and UNRESTRICTED_NVRAN) for some systems. (At least for me, UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM seems to be the deal breaker of the settings.)

I also tried rebuilding the Clover OsxApitoFixDrv code with varying memory allocations, but anything past 128mb doesn't make a bit of difference. No matter what the setting was, I just couldn't go back to CsrActiveConfig=0x3 for my system.

Need to do some more reading into this.

OS X 10.11.4 Update - FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Ran update through App Store, I changed nothing in Clover just treated it as if I was sitting in front of any other Mac. System booted, Nvidia Driver update asked to install on boot and I let it install, system restarted as normal.

Smooth.

I ran into the same issue.

I'd really like to find a way to go back to using CsrActiveConfig=0x3 with OsxApitoFixDrv-64.efi. However, you might be able to get away with just CsrActiveConfig=0x43 (just UNTRUSTED_KEXTS, UNRESTRICTED_FS, and UNRESTRICTED_NVRAN) for some systems. (At least for me, UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM seems to be the deal breaker of the settings.)

I also tried rebuilding the Clover OsxApitoFixDrv code with varying memory allocations, but anything past 128mb doesn't make a bit of difference. No matter what the setting was, I just couldn't go back to CsrActiveConfig=0x3 for my system.

Need to do some more reading into this.

I appear to be having the same issue? I'm not really too well-versed in this though. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I attempt to boot after the upgrade to 10.11.4:

2016-03-28 17.36.07.jpg

Not sure how to deal with this. Is it just a matter of changing the Clover configuration somehow? Am I having the same issue as Snowy here?

ED: Am now educating myself on this issue. Should have done so before attempting the upgrade; would have saved myself the headache. But, atm, I cannot simply mount the EFI partition in Win10 - keep getting 'Access Denied', not sure how to assert ownership.

ED2: While using an elevated Explorer or Directory Opus instance did not yield me access, and elevated command line did (once I had assigned a drive letter to the EFI partition using diskpart). Then I simply followed the directions in the last link to turn off SIP (copied the config.plist file, edited it, copied it back) and rebuilt the kextcache during a single-user mode boot. The upgrade then proceeded. Turning SIP back on for kexts (0x3) yielded the same error as before, however. Using (0x43) as racerx90 suggested worked for me though! I'm on a 4770K, using on-chip graphics, on a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H, so fairly vanilla. Thanks for the tip, and hope this helps someone else!

Last edited:
I appear to be having the same issue? I'm not really too well-versed in this though. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I attempt to boot after the upgrade to 10.11.4:

Not sure how to deal with this. Is it just a matter of changing the Clover configuration somehow? Am I having the same issue as Snowy here?

It looks like you're using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. You can probably do 1 of 2 things:

1. Change the RtVariables->CsrActiveConfig=0x67 in your config.plist file - see if that works for you.
2. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in your EFI partition, and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. This worked for a lot of people so I'd probably try it first. If not try the CsrActiveConfig setting above.

To mount your partition, if you still have your bootable USB installation drive, you can open a terminal window there. All you need to do is mount the partition (e.g. diskutil mount /dev/diskXs1 (where X=the correct device number of the boot drive.) If you did save it, you always rebuild one quick enough from another Mac (it doesn't even matter the version of OS X - as long as you can boot it on your system.)

updated with APP Store and had to remove nvda_drv=1 to bypass black screen at boot, then install nvidia drivers reboot fine with nvda_drv=1 then I reran AGDPfix to fix graphics, Other than that everything is working fine, actually the update fixed my iMessage too

It looks like you're using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. You can probably do 1 of 2 things:

1. Change the RtVariables->CsrActiveConfig=0x67 in your config.plist file - see if that works for you.
2. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in your EFI partition, and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. This worked for a lot of people so I'd probably try it first. If not try the CsrActiveConfig setting above.

It appears that you posted after my last edit, which made clear that I went with #1, and then changed CsrActiveConfig to 0x43, per your previous post. Thanks for following up though :)

Thanks for the info.
In fact, on my Intel P55 it seems I do not need OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi nor OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi at all.
Replacing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi makes it boot, as well as removing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi entirely.
I am using the vanilla DSDT.aml.

You are correct. You probably use legacy boot. These OsxAptioFix -drivers are for UEFI only.

Updated via Combo update. No issues.

Hardware:
GA-H81M-D2V + Asus GeForce GTX 650 (NVIDIA Web Drivers).

Anyone got lucky with X99 systems?
I tried many fixes in this thread, but got no joy
It reboots after Apple logo screen :banghead:

If anybody with x99 got the machine works, please help or share your config...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back