Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have CsrActiveConfig=0x67 in your RtVariables section? At least with that setting and OsxAptioFix2Drv, I can usually boot 80-90% of the time. With my previous setting of CsrActiveConfig=0x3 (UNTRUSTED_KEXTS + UNRESTRICTED_FS), I could only get it to boot maybe 20% of the time.

I'm going to install the 128mb version of OxsAptioFixDrv today to see if it's any better.

OK, I tried the 128mb version. Didn't work, it said it was to large. I have the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 it helps.

Prior to today, I was booting 100% of the time.

Someone said they don't even use OsxAptioFix. I am going to see what happens if I remove it.

I will report back.

I'm trying to figure this out!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

I have the gtx 980 ti, now I have the new version OS X 10.11.4 and nothing works for me, I just can boot with nv_disble=1

Help me please ..!

OK, I tried the 128mb version. Didn't work, it said it was to large. I have the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 it helps.

Someone said they don't even use OsxAptioFix. I am going to see what happens if I remove it.

I will report back.

Only OsxAptioFix2 works for me. I also did the 0x67 change. I shut down and restarted 5 times successfully. I'm back to 100%!!!!!:headbang:

I will report back.

You need both the OsxApitoFixDrv 128mb version + CsrActiveConfig=0x67 (UNTRUSTED_KEXTS + UNRESTRICTED_FS + TASK_FOR_PID + UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE + UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM) to be set. It should work. However, I haven't done enough testing to say how "stable" it is yet. Good luck.

You need both the OsxApitoFixDrv 128mb version + CsrActiveConfig=0x67 (UNTRUSTED_KEXTS + UNRESTRICTED_FS + TASK_FOR_PID + UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE + UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM) to be set. It should work. However, I haven't done enough testing to say how "stable" it is yet. Good luck.
Well, the whole point for that modified 128mb Osaptiofixdrv-64 was so that you could use it with a csr of 0x3 because you could already use 0x67 with the non-modified aptio version.

Interesting that both 128mb relocation block or setting config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67 seem to fix it.

If you could confirm (use old 96mb OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and CsrActiveConfig=0x67).

Why CsrActiveConfig=0x03 takes more memory... unknown.

+1 on needing both 128mb OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi plus the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 for my system (with 0x3 it won't boot at all.) While I can get it to boot on the normal 96mb OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (with 0x67 setting), I'm seeing ACPI related crashes (actual system panics) every so often during boot process.

With the 128mb version, I haven't ran into a single problem yet. Although, it still needs more testing. However, I'm feeling good about this combination from the little testing I've done so far. Thanks for the suggestions & help!

Well, the whole point for that modified 128mb Osaptiofixdrv-64 was so that you could use it with a csr of 0x3 because you could already use 0x67 with the non-modified aptio version.

I realize that after reading through the forum, but it's not working with my particular system (and I'm not alone.)

:eek: How do I do set (UNTRUSTED_KEXTS + UNRESTRICTED_FS + TASK_FOR_PID + UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE + UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back