Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and updated clover then everything went smooth! The machine is super stable. Everything works as it should Sleep etc.

Interesting that both 128mb relocation block or setting config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67 seem to fix it.

If you could confirm (use old 96mb OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and CsrActiveConfig=0x67).

Why CsrActiveConfig=0x03 takes more memory... unknown.

I originally proposed 128mb (for 10.11). But others reported it working with 96mb, so Slice adopted the 96mb as it was a smaller change from 64mb.

Seems like it should now go to 128mb...

While the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 minimizes the problem for me (much higher chance of booting), it doesn't completely eliminate it. I will try the 128mb option next.

Hi,

GA-B85M-D3H / Core i3-4330 / HD4600 : Updated MultiBeast to 8.1 first then, updated OS X through the App Store, everything's good so far. Bonus: handsoff seems to work over Wifi now (no BT on my box)...

Cheers,

While the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 minimizes the problem for me (much higher chance of booting), it doesn't completely eliminate it. I will try the 128mb option next.

Keep us posted. All of a sudden I have to restart 4 or 5 times before I can boot.

Thanks for the info.
In fact, on my Intel P55 it seems I do not need OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi nor OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi at all.
Replacing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi makes it boot, as well as removing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi entirely.
I am using the vanilla DSDT.aml.

After making a cloned copy of 10.11.3, I held my breath through this update. Updated through the app store. Booted fine, updated graphics driver through the Nvidia preferences manager and that was it. Everything works. This has been a great build for me.

Keep us posted. All of a sudden I have to restart 4 or 5 times before I can boot.

Do you have CsrActiveConfig=0x67 in your RtVariables section? At least with that setting and OsxAptioFix2Drv, I can usually boot 80-90% of the time. With my previous setting of CsrActiveConfig=0x3 (UNTRUSTED_KEXTS + UNRESTRICTED_FS), I could only get it to boot maybe 20% of the time.

I'm going to install the 128mb version of OxsAptioFixDrv today to see if it's any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back