Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
after updating to 10.11.4 i have no longer any Clover boot disks to choose from, all I get is an apple on white background. I've tried booting in safe mode (hold down shift key) and, separately, booting holding down the option key, but all I get is just the apple logo, no time bar or anything else.
Never had issues with previous updates but I have added an Nvidia GT750x Ti with NVidia drivers and also an mSata SSD (not the boot disk) since then. I have rebooted many times with 10.11.3 without issue.

How can I boot to a mode which will allow me to restore from a clone (CC clone of boot disk prior to update) or to even see what is going on?

Thanks for any suggestions

I have this same board as well. In order to get this update to work, I had to put the hard drive in a windows 10 PC, mount the EFI partition, delete OsxAptioFixDrv and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv.

Everything works well now including audio, trim, USB.

How did you do this? I can't access efi partition on windows 10. I can mount it but windows doesnt let me open the disk.

So to those trying to solve their broken HDMI audio, I checked my logs to look at kexts loading and was noticing the vanilla / unpatched applehda.kext that came with 10.11.4 wasn't loading, giving a permissions error. I reset permissions on s/l/e and rebooted, same thing, then I tried manually loading with "sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/" and that works, after os x is booted that gives me my HDMI audio. if anyone could enlighten me as to why this would fail to load on boot and why I might have to be manually loading this, i would be appreciative.

If I try to rebuild kextcache while AppleHDA.kext was loaded manually I get:

Code:
chris@Mac-Server:~$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext FVInjector.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA898.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: 	IOPCIDevice::metaClass
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: 	IOACPIPlatformDevice::metaClass
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.

edit: removed /Library/Extensions/AppleHDA898.kext , then did kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel , kextcache -system-caches

all is working properly now.

OK, the installation was very easy. Have taken the combo . First I have the matter checked with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, the file was already on EFI, the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi did not exist.

For the test I have taken a second partition. Double-clicking on osxupdcombo10.11.4, then reboot. System says Default GD, installed immediately the new driver. Restart. Uffff - it comes.
Trim, audio, USB3, HDMI video works.

So we test the CC, 2015.
The same as 11.3. Square disorders. Illustrator crashed after 5 minutes.
So I installed the BETA again (WebDriver-346.03.06b01), Illustrator crashed after 20 minutes, PS has lost the Square disorders and is still working. The version 6 of CS seems not to be affected, works well, I think I throw CC into the trash.

iTunes running all the time, and Firefox yet.

Conclusion after one hour test: Update not mandatory.

Question to YOU: Who CC works in 2015 without problems and which graphics card is used?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps my post could be helpfull

I updated to 10.11.4 then i got the message OsxAptioFixDrv error.

So i deleted OsxAptioFixDrv and replaced it with OsxAptioFix2Drv but i still have OsxAptioFixDrv error.

I restarted and push space bar then i selected Boot without caches and without kexts.

I retarded again and i started in verbose mode. Now problem fixed

Perhaps my post could be helpfull

I updated to 10.11.4 then i got the message OsxAptioFixDrv error.

So i deleted OsxAptioFixDrv and replaced it with OsxAptioFix2Drv but i still have OsxAptioFixDrv error.

I restarted and push space bar then i selected Boot without caches and without kexts.

I retarded again and i started in verbose mode. Now problem fixed

lol "i retarded again...", made me laugh, have had a naff day and that has cheered me right up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back