Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update drivers NVIDIA and OSX "El capitan" Z97A MSI GAMING 6 ;)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-03-22 a las 17.17.17.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-03-22 a las 17.17.17.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 155
Hi.

Thanks for the info and the links, Tony. This has been so far the smoothest update I've done on a hackingtosh. I used to always get kernel panics, but not this time. It was a beautiful thing seeing your computer boot right up to the login screen right after the update. All I had to do was update the Nvidia drivers afterwards and that's it.

One question, though: You mentioned "Kernel support for Skylake Systems without 'APIC Fix'". What do we do if we applied the APIC Fix before this update?

Thanks.

I'm having several troubles updating to 10.11.4 my msi x99 sli plus krait edition, i7 5820k and 970gtx. I have swaped to osxaptiofix2, and it sometimes boots, and other times does not work. If I try to boot with mac pro 6.1 SMBIOS, I get black screen. I've applied the mac pro 6.1 fix to AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext but without success. If I try to boot with mac pro 3.1, screen is OK, but I need the 6.1 smbio to get perfect power management.

Is so strange... Sometimes, even with osxaptiofix2 installed, I can't boot. Clover shows me an osxaptiofix error...

Here you are the error in a photo.

Maybe a test2.efi error with this new version of osx? I really don't know how to fix it, because x99 systems are different than the rest, and I didn't find nobody with similar build and 10.11.4 installed.

Attachments

• Foto 22-3-16 17 41 09.jpg
    Foto 22-3-16 17 41 09.jpg
    560.1 KB · Views: 188
I'm definitely using latest clover.. I've checked your plist... it's empty! it barely has anything.. how do you manage to get USB 3 without the patch?

A little weird.. :S

My USB 3 port is working, except on NTFS file systems :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi.

Thanks for the info and the links, Tony. This has been so far the smoothest update I've done on a hackingtosh. I used to always get kernel panics, but not this time. It was a beautiful thing seeing your computer boot right up to the login screen right after the update. All I had to do was update the Nvidia drivers afterwards and that's it.

One question, though: You mentioned "Kernel support for Skylake Systems without 'APIC Fix'". What do we do if we applied the APIC Fix before this update?

Thanks.

If fix by Apple is correct, then you can choose to remove fix from config.plist(preferred, fewer changes to system) or keep it in

How kext patches work - at boot, clover finds the correct kext (based on name in config.plist), and replaces the string with the correct string

If Apple patched it properly, that old string will be gone, and nothing will be actually patched

Smooth update on Hp Envy 15

on my current 10.11.3 sklylake systems I am using MacPro 3,1 definitions.
I don't think my machines boot as quickly as my older last gen machines did.
would there be any benefit to changing the config to the 11,1 system type?

OSX 10.11.4 update went smoothly

I updated the Clover bootloader to v3354 prior to applying the upgrade.

Upgrade didn't hiccup at all, just a note about the NVidia driver which I updated for 10.11.4

Reran Multibeast 8.1 as a precaution...

OSX 10.11.4 went seemlessly, RME BabyfacePRO driver Mac USB driver v2.17 and TotalMixFX v1.21 running flawlessly.

Managed to install the Neumann digital microphone software RCS; the manual method using the 3 discrete module packages, which now works with the lightpiped SPDIF signal into the BabyfacePRO

Success is always worth a great big CHEERS
big_smile.png

WOOT!

Hans

OSX 10.11.4 on separate hard drive partition, via Asmedia Sata connector.

Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe UEFI bios v2103 efi modded for NVMe support
OS Drive: Samsung NVMe 950 PRO SSD 512GB on Addonics M.2 PCIe SSD adapter card X110 AD2M2S-PX4
RAM: 32GB DDR3 2400MHz G.Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX (4 x 8GB)
CPU: Intel i7-4770K
Graphic card: Asus GTX770-DC2
Power Supply: ENERMAX MAXREVO Series EMR1350EWT 1350W ATX12V / EPS12V v2.92, v2.8 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back