Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can try to do a clean installation of OS X 10.11.4

Planning to do it later tonight... Just want to check if the Intel drivers were updated on someone's working HD 530 machine

Same behavior for me as dolgarrenan. Upgrade was completed successfully to 10.11.4

Can you look at this folder /System/Library/Extensions

Check if the drivers were updated on your 10.11.4?
AppleIntelSKLGraphics*

Clover version was retrieved from website 4 days ago
How would I know if it has been updated?? inside the plist?

BTW the ig-platform number doesn't let me boot..
Could this all be a problem with Gigabyte mobos everyone with asus seems to have no probs..

Maybe you are using an old version of clover. Try using Multibeast 8.1
I'm definitely using latest clover.. I've checked your plist... it's empty! it barely has anything.. how do you manage to get USB 3 without the patch?

A little weird.. :S

How would I know if it has been updated?? inside the plist?BTW the ig-platform number doesn't let me boot..Could this all be a problem with Gigabyte mobos everyone with asus seems to have no probs..
With the ig-platform number, it will be black screen for me. HD 530 Still not work.

I would like to know the answer to this question too.

I am running a Gigabyte Z97 board and have never had to use osxaptiofix2drv. I was always able to use the first version. I experienced the inability to boot after updating to 10.11.4. The only thing that worked was switching to osxaptiofix2drv via booting to Windows. Works perfectly now. Hope this helps.

I have no idea if this will help anyone, but I had a rough time installing 10.11.4 on my rigs, and here is what steps I would do before upgrading.

• If you have a dedicated graphics card, make sure the OS X Drivers are enabled temporarily (NOT the NVIDIA Web Drivers)
  • Make sure to switch from OsxAptioFixDrv to OsxAptioFixDrv2. I don't know why this is important, and it may not be for everyone, but on my two rigs, it was the only way I got past KPs and the white prohibited sign (circle with a diagonal line).
  • Update Clover to the latest version.

On my first rig, it took me a few hours to figure that out, but once I knew what was going on, the upgrade on my second rig was painless. :thumbup:

Hope this helps someone!

I am running a Gigabyte Z97 board and have never had to use osxaptiofix2drv. I was always able to use the first version. I experienced the inability to boot after updating to 10.11.4. The only thing that worked was switching to osxaptiofix2drv via booting to Windows. Works perfectly now. Hope this helps.

This is exactly what worked for me too. Maybe a mod could make a note of this on the first post on this thread. I'm running a Gigabyte Z97 board as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back