Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I am currently finishing my update from a rock-solid stable Mountain Lion hackintosh to a new Windows 10 / El Capitan dual boot.
I am writing my little guide as a contribution when I am done.
This is my problem: when I first install El Capitan from the USB EVERYTHING is perfectly recognized. Ethernet and USB3. Nothing needed from Multibeast. I can install FakeSMC and no problem. But the moment I update to 10.11.4, USB3 stops working and Ethernet card gets unrecognized.
I'm so sorry, my mistake. My problem has nothing to do with OS X Update but with FakeSMC. The moment I install it, goodbye.

If I install 7/8/9 USB drivers from Multibeast I am able to use all my ports (both USB3 and USB2) as USB2.
Is there an easy way of using first installation's kexts in 10.11.4?
What else can I do?

Thank you so much in advance,

Last edited:
Upon updating to 10.11.4, my audio stopped working. I downloaded the MultiBeast package for Yosemite and ran the following file, which immediately resolved my broken audio after rebooting. Hope this helps someone else.

View attachment 182624
Same deal with 10.11.5 - just reapplied the attached file.

Hi,
I have updated my hac to 10.11.4 last night via AppStore. When I booted it for the first time everything seems to be broken. My hac does neither boot in normal mode, save mode, with nv driver disabled nor from recovery disk or the installation USB.

Verbose mode gave me the error in the attachement.

Does someone know how to fix this? Restoring from TimeMachine Backup would help as well.

Thanks to everyone who can help me!

Attachments

• tmp_4054-20160615_160820-619432128.jpg
    tmp_4054-20160615_160820-619432128.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 194
Nice and easy. I'm running Clover and updated via the App Store.

I made backups of my boot drive and EFI drive, then clicked updated in the App Store. When it rebooted, I checked to make sure TRIM and audio were working, then rebooted again for good measure. So far so good. :)

GA-Z87X-UD5H
i7-4770k
no graphics card
Clover, Yosemite
Realtek ALC898 with High Quality 110dB SNR HD audio

after further investigation it appears my /var/log/system.log is littered with:

Mar 23 12:38:58 nineofnine kernel[0]: MT=>Free:bEndMLMEEvent = 0, bEndControlEvent = 0, bEndBulkOutDataEvent = 0, bEndDequeuePacketEvent = 0, bEndLoadFWEvent = 1, bOnAsicSwitchChannel = 0, bOnMlmeHandler = 0
Mar 23 12:39:28 --- last message repeated 5198 times ---

does anyone know how to fix this? I have no idea where it comes from (well i guess the kernel)

EDIT: Figured it out, its my wifi dongle driver: RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext that is responsible. Guess its time I get a proper wifi card..

Did you solve this issue with this USB WiFI or did you buy a different one?

This issue also happened to me (also a lot of those lines during boot) when I got a new update for Mojave OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back