1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I upgraded a few days ago. I never got it to boot because it keeps getting stuck on a endless loop of sandbox errors. Doesn't matter what flags I use, I can't get it to boot. So I restored from a backup and tried to update again, but same issue. Does anyone have any idea for what I could do? I can provide more details if necessary.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H-16j
CPU
i7-3770 OC@4.28GHz
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Updated GA-z77x-UDH5 based system using combo update. Ran the combo install package, rebooted, completed all without issue. Sound and Trim worked same as before.
GTX 780 (3GB)
OCZ VERTEX4 SSD
i7-3770K @ 4.5Ghz
16GB Mushkin RAM (4GB x4, 1333mhz)
iMac 13,2 system definiton

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Worst update in quite a while!

Had to switch to OsxAptioFix2Drv via my Windows 10 install. And mind you that due to security reasons this was not an easy task. First I had to find out how to and eventually got it working via task manager. When creating a new task BROWSE is the key. From there you have to select all files in type (otherwise they won't show up) and browse to the proper folder to remove and place the files.

With this new workaround and the fact I get corruption in Photoshop and Lightroom (colored squares) after upgrading my gear specifically for image editing makes me think hard about getting a proper mac. It's all good if you want to fiddle around but for getting work done and depending on the machine it's becoming a no go.
What will the next update will bring? can't wait :banghead:

Good luck guys!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Worst update in quite a while!

Had to switch to OsxAptioFix2Drv via my Windows 10 install. And mind you that due to security reasons this was not an easy task. First I had to find out how to and eventually got it working via task manager. When creating a new task BROWSE is the key. From there you have to select all files in type (otherwise they won't show up) and browse to the proper folder to remove and place the files.

With this new workaround and the fact I get corruption in Photoshop and Lightroom (colored squares) after upgrading my gear specifically for image editing makes me think hard about getting a proper mac. It's all good if you want to fiddle around but for getting work done and depending on the machine it's becoming a no go.
What will the next update will bring? can't wait :banghead:

Good luck guys!

You're not the only one. I had to use OsxAptiofix2drv because I couldn't boot neither. A lot of people ran into this also.

Motherboard
MSI Z170A Tomahawk
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X & NVIDIA GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The system sometimes could boot with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Now works with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and CsrActiveConfig=0x67.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UP7 TH - F6
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The system sometimes could boot with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Now works with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and CsrActiveConfig=0x67.

I ran into the same issue.

I'd really like to find a way to go back to using CsrActiveConfig=0x3 with OsxApitoFixDrv-64.efi. However, you might be able to get away with just CsrActiveConfig=0x43 (just UNTRUSTED_KEXTS, UNRESTRICTED_FS, and UNRESTRICTED_NVRAN) for some systems. (At least for me, UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM seems to be the deal breaker of the settings.)

I also tried rebuilding the Clover OsxApitoFixDrv code with varying memory allocations, but anything past 128mb doesn't make a bit of difference. No matter what the setting was, I just couldn't go back to CsrActiveConfig=0x3 for my system.

Need to do some more reading into this.

Motherboard
asus
CPU
i5 - 4690K
Graphics
Zotac 750ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
OS X 10.11.4 Update - FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Ran update through App Store, I changed nothing in Clover just treated it as if I was sitting in front of any other Mac. System booted, Nvidia Driver update asked to install on boot and I let it install, system restarted as normal.

Smooth.

Motherboard
Z87E-WIFI
CPU
E3-1246v3
Graphics
GT 710 or RX 570
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I ran into the same issue.

I'd really like to find a way to go back to using CsrActiveConfig=0x3 with OsxApitoFixDrv-64.efi. However, you might be able to get away with just CsrActiveConfig=0x43 (just UNTRUSTED_KEXTS, UNRESTRICTED_FS, and UNRESTRICTED_NVRAN) for some systems. (At least for me, UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM seems to be the deal breaker of the settings.)

I also tried rebuilding the Clover OsxApitoFixDrv code with varying memory allocations, but anything past 128mb doesn't make a bit of difference. No matter what the setting was, I just couldn't go back to CsrActiveConfig=0x3 for my system.

Need to do some more reading into this.

I appear to be having the same issue? I'm not really too well-versed in this though. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I attempt to boot after the upgrade to 10.11.4:

2016-03-28 17.36.07.jpg

Not sure how to deal with this. Is it just a matter of changing the Clover configuration somehow? Am I having the same issue as Snowy here?

ED: Am now educating myself on this issue. Should have done so before attempting the upgrade; would have saved myself the headache. But, atm, I cannot simply mount the EFI partition in Win10 - keep getting 'Access Denied', not sure how to assert ownership.

ED2: While using an elevated Explorer or Directory Opus instance did not yield me access, and elevated command line did (once I had assigned a drive letter to the EFI partition using diskpart). Then I simply followed the directions in the last link to turn off SIP (copied the config.plist file, edited it, copied it back) and rebuilt the kextcache during a single-user mode boot. The upgrade then proceeded. Turning SIP back on for kexts (0x3) yielded the same error as before, however. Using (0x43) as racerx90 suggested worked for me though! I'm on a 4770K, using on-chip graphics, on a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H, so fairly vanilla. Thanks for the tip, and hope this helps someone else!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UP7 TH - F6
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I appear to be having the same issue? I'm not really too well-versed in this though. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I attempt to boot after the upgrade to 10.11.4:

Not sure how to deal with this. Is it just a matter of changing the Clover configuration somehow? Am I having the same issue as Snowy here?

It looks like you're using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. You can probably do 1 of 2 things:

1. Change the RtVariables->CsrActiveConfig=0x67 in your config.plist file - see if that works for you.
2. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in your EFI partition, and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. This worked for a lot of people so I'd probably try it first. If not try the CsrActiveConfig setting above.

To mount your partition, if you still have your bootable USB installation drive, you can open a terminal window there. All you need to do is mount the partition (e.g. diskutil mount /dev/diskXs1 (where X=the correct device number of the boot drive.) If you did save it, you always rebuild one quick enough from another Mac (it doesn't even matter the version of OS X - as long as you can boot it on your system.)

Motherboard
Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
updated with APP Store and had to remove nvda_drv=1 to bypass black screen at boot, then install nvidia drivers reboot fine with nvda_drv=1 then I reran AGDPfix to fix graphics, Other than that everything is working fine, actually the update fixed my iMessage too

Status
Not open for further replies.