Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
Tried to access EFI on Windows 10 side using the superuser link posted earlier (both methods), doesn't work either.

The first reply you're referring to works for me.

One suggestion I can give is to launch Disk Manager first to find out which disk and partition the EFI is located first. The example given may not match your configuration.

The following commands in the example need to match yours (x is the disk number and y is the partition):
Code:
select disk x
select partition y

In my case it was disk 1, partition 1 (see below).
EFIPartition.png

Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys and gals,

As some of you may remember, I'm running Ozmosis bootloader on a customac pro based on the Z77X-UP5TH Gigabyte board. When I started the update I thought I'd be fine...

But it turns out that Ozmosis is also victim to the problem with memory allocation for the Kernel.

I did get Clover to work as a temporary fix, but of course it broke my iMessage, Facetime and Apple Store things. So I've been looking for a way to fix my Ozmosis install.

Today, thanks to the German ozmosis forum (https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/ind...Problem-mit-Ozmosis/?postID=223802#post223802), I discovered that it's a) a problem and b) folks are working on making a new Ozmosis that can handle the new prelinked kernel.

Temporarily though, a solution is to replace the /System/Library/CoreServices/Boot.efi with the Boot.efi file from 10.11.3

If you don't understand how to replace this (heavily protected) system file, then you shouldn't be trying to do it. However, if you're happy with playing around with Boot.efi AND you want 10.11.4 AND you don't like Clover, this is a solution that worked for me.

Cheers,

Nikki.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UP7 TH - F6
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interesting that both 128mb relocation block or setting config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67 seem to fix it.

If you could confirm (use old 96mb OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and CsrActiveConfig=0x67).

Why CsrActiveConfig=0x03 takes more memory... unknown.

I originally proposed 128mb (for 10.11). But others reported it working with 96mb, so Slice adopted the 96mb as it was a smaller change from 64mb.

Seems like it should now go to 128mb...

While the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 minimizes the problem for me (much higher chance of booting), it doesn't completely eliminate it. I will try the 128mb option next.

Motherboard
GA-B85M-D3H
CPU
Core i3-4330
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

GA-B85M-D3H / Core i3-4330 / HD4600 : Updated MultiBeast to 8.1 first then, updated OS X through the App Store, everything's good so far. Bonus: handsoff seems to work over Wifi now (no BT on my box)...

Cheers,

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
Intel i7 4790k Overclocked to 4.6
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
While the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 minimizes the problem for me (much higher chance of booting), it doesn't completely eliminate it. I will try the 128mb option next.

Keep us posted. All of a sudden I have to restart 4 or 5 times before I can boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.