Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just download update form AppStore reboot with nv_disable=1 then update nvidia driver form SystemPreferences and it`s done.Now even the sound works after sleep.Perfect, its my first update since I have a Hackintosh, so happy :headbang:Thanks tonymacx86.

I'm still trying to research the problem but have not figured out a fix. At this point, I'm wondering if trying to fix the issue with OsxApitoFixDrv (some people do have it working with 10.11.4) might be easier than continuing to use OsxApitoFix2Drv. It's just too unstable trying to get the system to boot with OsxApitoFix2Drv (maybe 1 out of 5 or 6 restarts results in a bootable machine.)

I have a couple of ideas I'm going to try out tonight when I get home. I will report back if I find anything out.

I thought about going back to OsxApitoFixDrv as well. Let me know if you did switch back, I might just try it anyway and see what happens.

I thought about going back to OsxApitoFixDrv as well. Let me know if you did switch back, I might just try it anyway and see what happens.

Hello

I have an Asus P8H67M Mainbard with I7 2600 CPU.
I had the same problem with OsxApitoFixDrv not working anymore.

I tried OsxApitoFix2Drv but with mixed results. Sometime the system started, sometimes it did not.

I found a post from rehabman in a different context but with a modified OsxApitoFixDrv.
The problem with OsxApitoFixDrv is the too small relocation block size. In the actual version from Clover(3368) the relocation block size is 64mb, that seems too small to fit the kernel.
The modified version from rehabman has a relocation block size of 128mb.
I installed it and now everything works as before 10.11.4.
You can download the modified version from this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ashed-circle-when-installing.html#post1097650

cheers

Interesting: In the actual source of Clover the relocation block size has been changed back to 96mb.

I found a post from rehabman in a different context but with a modified OsxApitoFixDrv.
The problem with OsxApitoFixDrv is the too small relocation block size. In the actual version from Clover(3368) the relocation block size is 64mb, that seems too small to fit the kernel.
The modified version from rehabman has a relocation block size of 128mb.
I installed it and now everything works as before 10.11.4.

Interesting that both 128mb relocation block or setting config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67 seem to fix it.

If you could confirm (use old 96mb OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and CsrActiveConfig=0x67).

Why CsrActiveConfig=0x03 takes more memory... unknown.

Interesting: In the actual source of Clover the relocation block size has been changed back to 96mb.

I originally proposed 128mb (for 10.11). But others reported it working with 96mb, so Slice adopted the 96mb as it was a smaller change from 64mb.

Seems like it should now go to 128mb...

Interesting that both 128mb relocation block or setting config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67 seem to fix it.

If you could confirm (use old 96mb OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and CsrActiveConfig=0x67).

Hi,
with me only the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with 128mb did the trick (didn't try the 96mb version), not the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 setting.

But that is O.K. with me as long as everything is working now.

cheers

Hi,
with me only the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with 128mb did the trick (didn't try the 96mb version), not the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 setting.

But that is O.K. with me as long as everything is working now.

cheers

The 96mb version is the current one...

OK... so one example where an increase is needed and 0x67 doesn't help...

Tried to access EFI on Windows 10 side using the superuser link posted earlier (both methods), doesn't work either.

The first reply you're referring to works for me.

One suggestion I can give is to launch Disk Manager first to find out which disk and partition the EFI is located first. The example given may not match your configuration.

The following commands in the example need to match yours (x is the disk number and y is the partition):
Code:
select disk x
select partition y

In my case it was disk 1, partition 1 (see below).
EFIPartition.png

Hi guys and gals,

As some of you may remember, I'm running Ozmosis bootloader on a customac pro based on the Z77X-UP5TH Gigabyte board. When I started the update I thought I'd be fine...

But it turns out that Ozmosis is also victim to the problem with memory allocation for the Kernel.

I did get Clover to work as a temporary fix, but of course it broke my iMessage, Facetime and Apple Store things. So I've been looking for a way to fix my Ozmosis install.

Today, thanks to the German ozmosis forum (https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/ind...Problem-mit-Ozmosis/?postID=223802#post223802), I discovered that it's a) a problem and b) folks are working on making a new Ozmosis that can handle the new prelinked kernel.

Temporarily though, a solution is to replace the /System/Library/CoreServices/Boot.efi with the Boot.efi file from 10.11.3

If you don't understand how to replace this (heavily protected) system file, then you shouldn't be trying to do it. However, if you're happy with playing around with Boot.efi AND you want 10.11.4 AND you don't like Clover, this is a solution that worked for me.

Cheers,

Nikki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back