i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have this same board as well. In order to get this update to work, I had to put the hard drive in a windows 10 PC, mount the EFI partition, delete OsxAptioFixDrv and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv.

Everything works well now including audio, trim, USB.

I have the same exact motherboard with a GTX 770 installed (using native OS X drivers) in it, and up to this point it's been rock solid with 10.11.x (prior to 10.11.x) using OsxAptioFixDrv. Since I installed 10.11.4, I had to move over to OsxAptioFix2Drv to enable it to even boot.

While it does boot sometimes, it's proven to be completely unreliable now and fails more than it boots. Once it's booted, everything works (trim, audio, graphics, etc.)

I suspect it's a config problem if others are booting with this motherboard without problems. The issue I'm see (like others) is random though - sometimes it's "Error Loading Kernel Cache", other times it's "error allocating pages". I suspect it's Graphics card related, but not sure what to do about it (again, not running the nvidia drivers.)

BIOS is configured as recommended (although, I'm using UEFI to boot instead of legacy.) Also, I'm using the latest build of clover 3368 (no boot options are defined and I'm not injecting anything for graphics other than for Intel.)

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Motherboard
GA-Z97X UD5 BLK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. iMac
Having issues getting the nvidia web driver working with 10.11.4 (using the web driver for this new version) changed the Config2 to none, but booting with nvda_drv=1 results in me booting to blank screen.
During my booting phase in verbose I get this type of output, never seen anything like it. and google is.. not very forthcoming either. Does anyone know how to fix this?
What you can try if you have multiple Volume connecting, disconnect them just leave only your ElCapitan Volume then boot it and see if it boot up.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H-F10
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
after updating to 10.11.4 i have no longer any Clover boot disks to choose from, all I get is an apple on white background. I've tried booting in safe mode (hold down shift key) and, separately, booting holding down the option key, but all I get is just the apple logo, no time bar or anything else.
Never had issues with previous updates but I have added an Nvidia GT750x Ti with NVidia drivers and also an mSata SSD (not the boot disk) since then. I have rebooted many times with 10.11.3 without issue.

How can I boot to a mode which will allow me to restore from a clone (CC clone of boot disk prior to update) or to even see what is going on?

Thanks for any suggestions

Motherboard
ASRock
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
Gigabyte WindForce GTX970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have this same board as well. In order to get this update to work, I had to put the hard drive in a windows 10 PC, mount the EFI partition, delete OsxAptioFixDrv and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv.

Everything works well now including audio, trim, USB.

How did you do this? I can't access efi partition on windows 10. I can mount it but windows doesnt let me open the disk.

Motherboard
Z77x-UD5h
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So to those trying to solve their broken HDMI audio, I checked my logs to look at kexts loading and was noticing the vanilla / unpatched applehda.kext that came with 10.11.4 wasn't loading, giving a permissions error. I reset permissions on s/l/e and rebooted, same thing, then I tried manually loading with "sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/" and that works, after os x is booted that gives me my HDMI audio. if anyone could enlighten me as to why this would fail to load on boot and why I might have to be manually loading this, i would be appreciative.

If I try to rebuild kextcache while AppleHDA.kext was loaded manually I get:

Code:
chris@Mac-Server:~$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext FVInjector.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA898.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: 	IOPCIDevice::metaClass
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: 	IOACPIPlatformDevice::metaClass
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.

edit: removed /Library/Extensions/AppleHDA898.kext , then did kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel , kextcache -system-caches

all is working properly now.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
OK, the installation was very easy. Have taken the combo . First I have the matter checked with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, the file was already on EFI, the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi did not exist.

For the test I have taken a second partition. Double-clicking on osxupdcombo10.11.4, then reboot. System says Default GD, installed immediately the new driver. Restart. Uffff - it comes.
Trim, audio, USB3, HDMI video works.

So we test the CC, 2015.
The same as 11.3. Square disorders. Illustrator crashed after 5 minutes.
So I installed the BETA again (WebDriver-346.03.06b01), Illustrator crashed after 20 minutes, PS has lost the Square disorders and is still working. The version 6 of CS seems not to be affected, works well, I think I throw CC into the trash.

iTunes running all the time, and Firefox yet.

Conclusion after one hour test: Update not mandatory.

Question to YOU: Who CC works in 2015 without problems and which graphics card is used?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.