Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After fresh USB installing got weird behavior of my trusty i7 4790K, it ideals 2.0 to 4.20 GHz with acceptable power load of 3.0 to 10.0 Watt and maxes to 4.20 GHz on heavy tasks then on about 80-90 Watts, with 10.11.2 and earlier including Yosemite looked much better on low and high, it maxed at 4.40 GHz which what it should be.

Is there any solution? what I'm doing wrong? any help would bee much appreciated.
I use same installation, same kexts and same DSDT,SSDT :(

This is on idle.

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 12.48.53 AM.png[SUP]​[/SUP]

Applied update from working 10.11.2 system to 10.11.3 via combo updater.

Audio is gone again.
Tried all same fixes as before, nothing works. Nothing changed except this update.

GA-Z87X-UD5H

Still have a kernel task running at high mem/network usage.

Updated through the App Store and all went well! :thumbup:

Tony

I updated via App store, after waiting a few weeks just in case. It rebooted straight into a black screen - which I believe is 'problem #4' from that other thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

I had already tried nv_disable=1, no effect.
I have an x79-up4 and need to keep it on MacPro6,1 for my USB ports to work with the altered DDST I have, so I had to follow the solution to Problem #4...but instead of just working, I got strange kernel panics that I'd never seen before. I tried reversing the change (going back from 'none' to 'Config2') but the kernel panic was now consistent. Story of my hackintosh life - illogical issues.

To make changes I had to rip the SSD out and plug into my macbook. I've never been that desperate. Not even safe mode or cpus=1 worked to boot up.

After an hour or so of trying (not my longest attempt to fix something, I admit) I gave up and restored from my CCC backup, back to previous version of El Capitan.

Oh well.

My only other thought would be to completely uninstall NVIDIA drivers before installing (I dont' seem to need them but always installed them in the hopes my ASUS 4K monitor would one day work in MST instead of only 30hz SST).

:rolleyes:

Updated via Appstore successfully.
Installed new Nvidia Web Drivers

Problem:
Sleep is now broken and it doesn't sleep for more than 10mins after update (goes into hibernate mode)

My Hardware:
Asus Rampage V Gene | 4930K | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 760 GTX | Samsung EVO 850 256GB

pmset settings:
AC Power:
Sleep On Power Button 1
autopoweroff 0
autopoweroffdelay 8640000
standbydelay 8640000
standby 0
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatemode 0
powernap 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
womp 1
displaysleep 10
networkoversleep 0
sleep 1
autorestart 0
disksleep 10

Anyone else with the same sleep issue after 10.11.3 update?

My motherboard (Asus P9X79 WS) is different from yours but has the same chip sets.
I did a clean installation of El Capitan since my previous motherboard (Asus Sabertooth X79) was dead and Amazon could not give me a replacement (out of stock).

I tried different machine profiles in Clover and MacPro6,1 never worked for El Captain in my setup. (see my Hackintosh profile).

The only two profiles that worked for was iMac13,2 (chosen by Clover as a default) or MacPro3,1.
I selected MacPro3,1. I have fully working USB 2 and 3 ports with this profile. (see my posting #6 in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-usb-working-asus-p9x79-ws-after-install.html)

I managed to update from 10.11.2 to 10.11.3 via App store without any issue.
I do not think you have to uninstall the NVIDIA driver but it must be "disabled" during the update process because the NVIDIA driver for 10.11.2 will not work in 10.11.3.

Thanks mate. That helps heaps. I'll try changing again to MacPro3,1 but last I tried it I got no joy with USB at all. I'm not sure why. Are you using a DSDT customized for your board? Maybe I should try that one instead of the one I found. I also did not turn off the nvidia driver before installing last time, maybe it's as simple as that.

THANK YOU so much for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI.. I have not read all 23 pages so this might have been addressed by someone else.

But I have a strange graphics issue after the update and it isolated around Adobe Photoshop. Everything was fine before 10.11.3 so therefor I am asking in this thread if someone has a clue or a hint.

When I paint, clone or do any other "strokes" with my Wacom or mouse I get a strange boxes and stripes around the cursor. It does not happen right away but after 5-10 "clicks". The strange thing is that if I want to record the issue by starting a screen recording via Quicktime, it goes away and stays that way until I quit recording. I am baffled and have no idea of what is causing this. I have installed the latest version of the web driver, but i noticed something strange that even though I have selected it in the preferences and restarted the machine, the tick box for the regular OS X driver is selected. Although I am quite sure that the Web driver is running the show.

here is a recording made with my iPhone: https://vimeo.com/154965252

I am running a Asus z97 Deluxe mobo, with Nvidia GTX 760 GPU, i7 4770k CPU and 1866mhz corsair ballistix sport RAM.

Another side note i have made is that a few times i noticed that the screen flashed black momentarily.. not sure if it is related.

HI.. I have not read all 23 pages so this might have been addressed by someone else.

But I have a strange graphics issue after the update and it isolated around Adobe Photoshop. Everything was fine before 10.11.3 so therefor I am asking in this thread if someone has a clue or a hint.

When I paint, clone or do any other "strokes" with my Wacom or mouse I get a strange boxes and stripes around the cursor. It does not happen right away but after 5-10 "clicks". The strange thing is that if I want to record the issue by starting a screen recording via Quicktime, it goes away and stays that way until I quit recording. I am baffled and have no idea of what is causing this. I have installed the latest version of the web driver, but i noticed something strange that even though I have selected it in the preferences and restarted the machine, the tick box for the regular OS X driver is selected. Although I am quite sure that the Web driver is running the show.

here is a recording made with my iPhone: https://vimeo.com/154965252

I am running a Asus z97 Deluxe mobo, with Nvidia GTX 760 GPU, i7 4770k CPU and 1866mhz corsair ballistix sport RAM.

Another side note i have made is that a few times i noticed that the screen flashed black momentarily.. not sure if it is related.

I practically don't have a clue what might be causing this but I can suggest try installing CUDA for OSX and see of this helps.

I do have CUDA installed, I was more thinking if that was a part of the problem. It´s a strange issue that I can't seem to replicate in any other app then PS. But one thing I know is that it came with the latest update of OSX, followed by other updates WEB driver, CUDA, Adobe apps and several others, and I have not done any changes to the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back