Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-X99-UD4 with 5820k GTX 960 4GB updated to 10.11.3 from App Store with no issues.

After the installation I needed only to update the nvidia driver to the new one.
I use a USB Audio Card so I can't say whether the built-in audio works at all, but I never needed that.

Just installed Combo update. Everything seems OK.

(Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7 4770S, Gigabyte GTX 650 TI video, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD)

updated to 10.11.3 using app store on my GA-Z97X-UD5H.. no problems found

After updating I get a black screen, everything was working before... I'm using a gtx 760, default os X drivers. Please somebody help, thanks.

UPDATE:
I got it working now, it was because I was using the iMac 15.1, so I have changed the smbios in the clover loader to iMac 14,2, then I switched again to the 15.1 and did the, step of problem 4 again http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html and I got it working now!

I am also using a gtx760. what board are you using? What graphics driver are you using?

I had a similar problem to you when I tried to change my model from imac 14,2 to imac 15,1 which is why I ask.

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply. I have been to busy at work to find the time to look into this, but i really need and would appreciate some help with this issue.
I am able to boot from an older backup on another disk. At first, my SSD appeared to be corrupt, but DiskWarrior was able the correct som errors, and I can now see the folders and files on the SSD-disk.
CHANGE: Clover can see the disk now, and I can boot from it, but half-way thru the boot, the boot halts and the machine shuts down.
Is it just graphics? Start without NVIDIA driver?

So: How do I get from booting from my backup-disk to booting from the SSD again?

EDIT: I tried to boot in Verbose mode and get a glimpse of a message saying that the disk is unmounted and that the system is shutting down. How do I get to view a boot log?
Also: When I get to the Clover boot menu, I cant figure out how to start without the NVIDIA drivers...

PS! Just received another SSD in the mail, so I will follow the advice given below, and keep an exact copy at all times :)

I think uninterrupted rebooting is an important part of OS X update.

I agree with you 100% about that silly Christmas theme.
This was my first Clover EFI boot and I had to learn a lot before be able to change it.
Perhaps it was there intentionally to encourage us to study Clover?

Joke aside, if you can still access your HDD nothing is lost.
If you do not have a backup of your personal data, it is a good time to make one.

I think you could then try to rename your OS X partition using terminal with the following command line.
/usr/sbin/diskutil rename oldname newname

and re-install Clover bootloader to this renamed petition.

While I cannot guarantee this will work, it might worse a try before reinstalling everything.

This is my 4th hackintosh.
My first hack was Snow Leopard and learned it a hard way about the peril of update.

My strategy is to make a good backup using Clonezilla (I am also a Linux/Windows user).
Whenever the update comes, I make a disk image with Clonezilla and create a exact clone of the current working system on the second SSD. I then run a update on this cloned SSD leaving the original SSD intact, just in case the things got wrong.

Installed from the app store with no issues on an Asus P8Z77-v lk with Nvidia GTX 970. Automatically booted with OS X default video drivers, installed Nvidia update and I'm good to go. :D

Lots of positive experiences here. But not for me... I tried first with 10.11.1, could install, but then when booting it would randomly spontaneously reboot. Didn't have much time to play with it, so I waited with this release to try to do a reinstall.

So now when I boot with the USB install, when I get to choose on which drive I want to install, all I see is the USB drive!! I tried with 2 different drives, one SSD one standard, with the same result.

I know my setup is not the most compatible (see my signature)... but until now I was fine!

Someone has any pointers? Thanks.

Applied the update (10.11.3)

Everything went smooth!

Reboot with nv_disable=1

Audio still working, everything seems fine. Had to install the new nVidia drivers.

Cheers
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back