Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP 4530s clover, no issues.

Update didn't work for me.

I've tried update trough App Store, but after update system is slow and I can't start most of Applications (Mail, Chrome, Terminal...) with "damaged or incomplete" error.

:(

Successfully updated from 10.11.2 from the App Store.

Notes: Screen went totally black on me after about 5 minutes and never came back. I let it sit for about 30 minutes that way (fans were running full blast) then just decided to do a hard restart. Booted right up into 10.11.3, and everything works perfectly. iMessage, USB 3.0, audio after sleep... everything works as it did before.

Can't explain the black screen, but glad it worked anyway. Probably related to my AMD GPU.

Successfully updated, NVidia drivers were an issue.

Install, reboot, the spinny got stuck.
Reset, got spinny (not stuck) but repeated spinny and black blink between.
Reset again, used nv_disable=1, booted up fine.
Installed newest NVidia drivers via the system preferences, reboot.
(haven't done the reboot yet but I expect it will be normal after that.)

I use the combine update
this is error log:
Cannot create product directory for _ManualUpdate
SoftwareUpdate: Could not register distribution for adoption at /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n00000s0000068/C/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate/localhost/AdoptedManual/OSXUpdCombo10.11.3.pkg
ManualAdoption: Error adopting /Volumes/OS X El Capitan Update/OSXUpdCombo10.11.3.pkg: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513
Failed to adopt update: (null)
Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
'Install Failed' UI displayed message:''.

same issue for me with my Dell Precision 5810. Had no problems updating from 10.11.1 to 10.11.2

Updated successfully to 10.11.3 without any issues.

I updated from the App Store without having to use nv_disable=1. Instead, I switched it to the OS X driver through the nVidia control panel, and then started the update.

updated directly from app store...everything worked just like it was before...shut the system off...went to bed...got home tonight, started it up...it has very low volume....

Hi mkscretch, i have currently an issue with my El Capitan 10.11.3.
It rebootted and then it was stopped at the end of the progress bar for a long time.
Do you think that it could be the same issue that you had?

Thanks,

Niko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back