Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple questions.

2) What is Trimforce? What does this do, I've never seen this before now. But I checked my system profile and it is not turned on for either my OSX SSD, or my Win 7 SSD drive. When I searched other threads on Trim, it sounds like it hosed some users systems. If I turn it on using the command, what will it do, and will it screw up my systems. Both OS's are on different disks.

Google SSD Trim or read the following:

http://www.buildcomputers.net/trim-support.html

Update succesfully.

i7 2600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68x-UD4 B3
8 Gb RAM DDR3 1600 Mhz
Nvidia GTX 660 2 Gb

After update:

Trim YES
Sound OK (ALC110 patched)

Everything working great on MSIZ97, GTX970. The only problem is now I cant able to boot into my BIOS or select drive (pressing DEl or F11) any more.

After following this forum for several weeks, I tried once again to install OS X on my ASUS X99 Deluxe system. I have working installation except for the Realtek ALC1150 audio.

When creating the UniBeast flash drive on my MacBook, the App Store downloaded the latest version of El Capitan (10.11.3).
I realize it's only been out for a couple days...but does anyone know of an Audio solution for the ASUS X99 Deluxe motherboard and the latest version of El Capitan (10.11.3)?

Here is a full spec list for my system:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
SSD: Samsung 950 Pro m.2 NVMe
Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (x2)

I'm so close to a functional X99 system for OS X, this audio problem appears to be my last hurdle.
Thanks....

First OS X 10.11.3 Update Touchless

Dear all,

For the very first time since I am using a HackIntosh (my Leopard first fired in December 2007), I was able to run the update from 10.11.1 to 10.11.3 WITHOUT having to touch anything.

Downloaded the combo, fired it, restart and bang! All done.

Everything run fine:
Sound with Toleda patch in Clover boot
Trim wasn't touched
Sleep, Restart and working
Internet: only one of the two ports on my MB is working.
Graphics in full HD 1980 x 1200

Thanks a lot to the Clover Team and its great Clover boot and all the good advices found on Tonymacx86.

My rig
MB : GA-Z87X-UD5H
mem : 16 gb
Graphics: HD 4600
Proc: I7 2700K
SSD : Crucial 500 gb BX100

Philby

After following this forum for several weeks, I tried once again to install OS X on my ASUS X99 Deluxe system. I have working installation except for the Realtek ALC1150 audio.

When creating the UniBeast flash drive on my MacBook, the App Store downloaded the latest version of El Capitan (10.11.3).
I realize it's only been out for a couple days...but does anyone know of an Audio solution for the ASUS X99 Deluxe motherboard and the latest version of El Capitan (10.11.3)?

Here is a full spec list for my system:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
SSD: Samsung 950 Pro m.2 NVMe
Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (x2)

I'm so close to a functional X99 system for OS X, this audio problem appears to be my last hurdle.
Thanks....

I have the same issue with Audio since updating to 10.11.3

Running a similar setup, have decided to go back to 10.11.2 for now until a fix is found!

Installed using the combo update, nv_disable=1 to install updated nvidia drivers. Doesn't sleep, but it didn't before the update either. Audio and USB3 still working from before. :)

i5 3570K
MSI Z77A-GD65
32GB DDR3 1600MHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 960

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back