Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated to 10.11.3. with a gpu gigabyte 750 ti OC. Not necessary boot with nv_disable=1. When the installation is installed only the NVIDIA app says that you have an update, click Update and all is fine
Imessage = working
auido alc1150=working
ethernet es 2022 = working

thanks

Updated without a hitch through the Mac App Store. Did not even need to download the Nvidia driver in advance or use nv_disable=1. As soon as it booted into the OS I received a message to download the new driver. Everything works as before.

Updated directly from Apple Store; no problems at all! I was prompted to install a new nividia driver, installed it, restarted, and everything was still ok. The easiest update I have ever done. Thanks to all of you for making this possible.

Updated via the combo dmg, restarted into working installation with everything as it was (so far) including Nvidia web drivers. Possibly the least troublesome OS X update I've done, ever. Maybe asking for trouble by saying that, but it was an actual pleasure to do this one.

I wish all those who choose the combo update path the same experience I had.

All the best, community.

Cheers,
VFR_P

updated to 10.11.3. with a gpu gigabyte 750 ti OC. Not necessary boot with nv_disable=1. When the installation is installed only the NVIDIA app says that you have an update, click Update and all is fine
Imessage = working
auido alc1150=working
ethernet es 2022 = working

thanks

What are you using for your ALC1150? This update broke mine, MultiBeast patch and Toleda patch didn't fix. Can you help?

Edit: NVM, solved the problem.

Updated via app store.
Rebooted without using nv_disable=1 flag and osX told me it was using the default driver so I installed the new Nvidia driver, rebooted and all was back to normal.
So it should now be possible to update without using the nv_disable=1 boot flag.

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back